The Downton Abbey SPOILERS Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
agreed, k-l.

i love the outdoor scenes on the grounds as well, with the old oaks swaying in the breeze. this past week had a shot of highclere as seen from the road as a car drives up.

must be an impressive sight for tourists.

Last edited:
We will be near there in Oct. BT and we so wanted to visit but they won't be open for tourists in the fall and winter. We may have a chance to see it from a distance, we'll see.

oh, i'm quite envious.

although i might get an urge to grab a pitchfork and torch all the same. :)
o

i think this week's multiple twists and turns were to offset how easily predictable so many of the other plots have turned out. tom's giving in to playing cricket, then making a big play; moseley sucking at cricket after being the "ringer" since his dad was the groundskeeper; how 18 year pld rose partied like a teenager after several mentions of how she dislikes london, then the juxtaposition of how edith thought she was being pursued by a married man.

i'm both disappointed and still am a fan. these are not story arcs, but rather oddly woven threads that because of their historical value and human interaction keeps them interesting.

I believe the adults were all saying her mother told them how much Rose hated London. Obviously, it was a polite way for the mother to get her daughter out of town and away from the affair. That way the mom didn't have to say "Please take my wild child and beat some sense into her!"

yes, but wbat i meant was that you could see something like that coming. they were telegraphing their pitches, to steal a baseball expression.

I only just started watching it since recovering from heart surgery......lots of time on my hands to just sit......my DH bought the series, one at a time, from Amazon. He started at first downloading them one at a time from I-tunes but they were so slow to download (7 hours per episode) and sometimes they would stop in the middle while we were watching it. So once hooked, we bit the bullet and bought series 2 and 3 from Amazon. We're only on Episode 7 of series 3.

It's quite fun.....I wake up in the morning feeling more elegant and graceful sometimes.

I only just started watching it since recovering from heart surgery......lots of time on my hands to just sit......my DH bought the series, one at a time, from Amazon. He started at first downloading them one at a time from I-tunes but they were so slow to download (7 hours per episode) and sometimes they would stop in the middle while we were watching it. So once hooked, we bit the bullet and bought series 2 and 3 from Amazon. We're only on Episode 7 of series 3.

It's quite fun.....I wake up in the morning feeling more elegant and graceful sometimes.

Soorner or later, every show turns into a rerun. So why bother buying it. But for Downton Abby it is an investment that you will enjoy for years to come. You won't have to wait for it to become a rerun. I just wish I had the money to buy the complete series. What a nice husband. The show does grab you. :angel:

I can see me watching the last series again, before season 4 starts.

Soorner or later, every show turns into a rerun. So why bother buying it. But for Downton Abby it is an investment that you will enjoy for years to come. You won't have to wait for it to become a rerun. I just wish I had the money to buy the complete series. What a nice husband. The show does grab you. :angel:
Another reason to get your % from the tribe:yum:.

Addie, if your kids are like mine, they can never figure out what I really want for my birthday or Christmas gift. Send me their phone numbers and I'll I bet they'd love to know what you'd really like to have. ;)

Addie, if your kids are like mine, they can never figure out what I really want for my birthday or Christmas gift. Send me their phone numbers and I'll I bet they'd love to know what you'd really like to have. ;)

Next month is my birthday and my youngest asked what I wanted. I am getting the DVD set of the complete London performance of Les Miserables. I don't know what it cost but I knew it was out of my price range. I also have the complete musical score of Mama Mia. And the DVD. Next year I might ask for the score of Les Miserables. My kids know it is "music" they just don't know what I am into this week or next. One time it was Gregorian Chant. That one threw them for a loop. Sometimes it is Latin Hymns. That one they don't understand at all. And to really confuse them, I can sing right along with the music and words. How do I know Latin?

After I am gone and the family is sitting around the holiday table telling stories, they will have some real dillies to tell about me. "Hey do you remember Ma doing the dishes and singing in Latin?" :angel:

On ABC News tonight;

Shirley McLaine will be returning next season and the hateful maid who is always stirring up trouble won't. We all know about the actor who played Mathew. :angel:

Season 1 is on CBC (French) on Saturday evenings. The war was just declared. It is funny listening to the voices used for the characters.

Addie - I have the London 02 Les Mis DVD it is fantastic ! Samantha Barks who plays Eponine went on to get the part in the film . Alfie Boe as Jean Valjean is stunning .

But back to Downtown - patiently waiting for series 4 here and the lovely Tom Ellis, an English actor is going to be in it, he very dishy .

Addie - I have the London 02 Les Mis DVD it is fantastic ! Samantha Barks who plays Eponine went on to get the part in the film . Alfie Boe as Jean Valjean is stunning .

But back to Downtown - patiently waiting for series 4 here and the lovely Tom Ellis, an English actor is going to be in it, he very dishy .

Be still my heart. I am too old for palpitations and flutterings of my heart. I just may swoon. Save me, save me! :angel:

Keep smelling salts handy for an attack of the vapours dear lady !
OMG, that brought back an old memory. We put my cousin down the clothes shoot (don't ask). He fainted on the way down and I was told to run across the street and get the smelling salts (which, incidentally, were kept in our grandpareents' garage). My grandfather was a pharmacist. I don't even know if one could get smelling salts today (and have no idea why they were kept in the garage). I hadn't thought about that part of the event (and it was an event--and a much longer story than just putting my cousin down the clothes shoot). We all survived to adulthood and are all still alive today.
I can't see Violet needing smelling salts.

Back
Top Bottom