The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PF, now that one potential cause is eliminated, I hope the doctor can zero in on your real problem. I hope you have at least been losing weight while on that liquid diet? From every trouble should come some good.

Before my first colonoscopy, my SIL, who was my driver, said that I would wake up hungry and think of where I wanted to go and eat. [emoji1] She was right! I side-eyed the couple ounces of juice and the small muffin on the tray next to the "bed" I was on and thought "that ain't gonna do it".

Sent from my moto g(6) using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Bowel Prep last night wasn't too bad. Woke up thirsty as heck and ready to get it over with. Colonoscopy - had several really good nurses attending, my Primary performed the procedure and all went well. One of the nurses said he'd never seen anyone come out of it ready to walk and making sense. They gave me fentanyl and versed.

Normal Colonoscopy, the pictures look good, no masses or anything untoward. No narrowing, nothing to indicate my problems stem from there.

So, now I may still have problems with nausea, don't know but the breakfast Mom cooked me went down. Will figure it out later once I have a chance to digest.

Off to bed to sleep for a while.

Glad everything went well!

Rest well..

Good luck, GG. If you have the same results as Himself, you'll be seeing things you haven't seen for years. And color! He said all the dingy yellow was gone and blue skies looked blue again.

Good luck, GG. If you have the same results as Himself, you'll be seeing things you haven't seen for years. And color! He said all the dingy yellow was gone and blue skies looked blue again.
Good Luck from me too GG!
Thanks! I'm back home and so far so good! I can definitely see more clearly out of the right eye. I've been up since 4:30, so I'm going to take a nap and then DH will make me coffee and breakfast :wub:

Fist they removed the cataract from my right eye. The difference was amazing. My vision was restored to pre-6th grade levels. A few week later, the process was repeated in my left eye. Suddenly I could read the price sign o the gas station sign 3/4of a mile away. I was ecstatic. And then, the retinas started swelling. They gave me drops to put in my eyes every few hours to remove te swelling. It didn't work. I got shots in my eyes for the same. They only partially worked. The selling went down some in my left eye, and stabilized in the right eye. I can see clearly, just right and left of dead center in both eyes, better in the left than right. Everything is distorted due to the retina swelling at dead center in both eyes. It is because of the distorted vision that I make so many mistakes while typing. I used to accurately type 50+ words per minute, touch typing. Eyesight, and nerve damage in my left hand when they put my fistula in took that away from me. Who says that after age 50 is the golden years? It's a myth.

At the first sign of anything off about your eyesight, get together with your optometrist to correct whatever the problem is, while it's reversible.
I hope your vision remains crystal clear, with bright, and vibrant colors.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Thanks, all. Chief, lucky for me, my ophthalmologist is a nationally renowned eye surgeon who has been part of my health care team for over 30 years (chronic inflammatory bowel disease can affect other soft tissues, including the eyes). He is affiliated with the medical school where I used to work and has been doing research as well as patient care for decades. I'm in very good hands [emoji2]

Last edited:
Here I am at the ophthalmologist's surgery center for the second cataract replacement. I brought coffee with me this time. It's in an insulated cup out in the car. Can't wait till I can drink it [emoji477]

Jeepers creepers, you've got two new peepers! Hope everything went well for your second time.

When Himself had surgery, he no longer needed to wear glasses. Will you still need them, or just cheater readers? Himself now wanders around wearing one of many reading glasses he's aquired on his nose tip, forehead, dangling from an eyeglass lanyard...

Thanks, everyone! It went great and I feel fine.

CG, I'm actually surprised at how good my distance vision is - I can see better without my glasses than with them. I have an appointment with my optometrist coming up, so I'll talk with him about what kind of glasses I'll need.

Back
Top Bottom