The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So no one except me is having any health issues? ;) Yay!

So DH and I had lunch downtown yesterday and as we were walking to the car, I stepped into a graveled area cut out of the sidewalk around a tree. I lost my balance and went right down on my left knee, which had already been painful from arthritis and too much activity last weekend. It's terribly painful and swollen now. DH got the walker I used after my hip surgery our of the shed and I'm hobbling around with that. This sucks! View attachment 48026

Oh I wish...nobody wants to hear what I'm going through with my obstruction. The full liquid diet is not too bad, V-8 juice is nice. Other than that, there is a clear path to the bathroom, unless a cat is sitting there.

GG, that knee looks awful, good vibes and thoughts going your way. Hope your pain is under control.

So no one except me is having any health issues? ;) Yay!...

Oh honey, that's not a "health issue", that's being a klutz. [emoji6] If I posted each time I beat up on myself, I would be here half the day.

Sincerely, though, arthritis IS a medical issue, and a rather painful and annoying one. Anything to make it hurt more is a shame. I hope your knee feels better soon. ((hugs))

BTW, how much wine did you have for lunch??? :mrgreen:

Oh dear GG. Don't have done that. (((Hugs))). Have been to see a doctor? I have broken my right kneecap twice by falling on it on concrete. If it were me, I would at least put a brace on that knee, so I wouldn't bend it. But, that looks like a brace might hurt too.

Thanks, friends [emoji847] We've been icing it on and off and the swelling is starting to go down. Since I can put weight on it, and I can press on it without great pain, I don't think anything is broken, so I haven't been to the doctor. I think I just bruised it pretty good.

I'm not usually a klutz, but neuropathy in my feet plus uneven ground means a higher than normal chance of falling. As my mom says, getting old ain't for sissies! [emoji16]

And CG, no, I didn't have any wine with lunch :-p :ROFLMAO: I had some last night, though! [emoji16]

Last edited:
I'm not usually a klutz, but neuropathy in my feet plus uneven ground means a higher than normal chance of falling. As my mom says, getting old ain't for sissies! [emoji16]

yup, used to tromp thru fields but now even walking in the grass of the beautiful cemetery next door is beyond me, cause if I go down I will have to crawl to the largest headstone still standing in order to get up. :ermm:

GG, I remember the orthopaedic surgeon pressing or tapping my kneecap to see if it hurt, to decide if it was broken. They weren't sure from the x-ray, because I had broken that kneecap 10 years earlier and they couldn't tell, if it was a scar or a new break. When I yelped, the doctor said, "Yes, it's broken."

I can't even have my medicinal wine with supper. On that anti-biotic which will create an extremely unpleasant side effect should it be mixed with alcohol. -

( I think they do it on purpose :mad:)

So no one except me is having any health issues? ;) Yay!

So DH and I had lunch downtown yesterday and as we were walking to the car, I stepped into a graveled area cut out of the sidewalk around a tree. I lost my balance and went right down on my left knee, which had already been painful from arthritis and too much activity last weekend. It's terribly painful and swollen now. DH got the walker I used after my hip surgery our of the shed and I'm hobbling around with that. This sucks! View attachment 48026

That even LOOKS like it hurts. Hope you get better soon. Prayers going up for you.

speedy-recovery.jpg

I feel for you, GG, and I hope you get over this quickly. I fell in the snow in 2017, and tore my R patellar tendon, requiring surgery. I hope you didn't do any damage to bones or soft tissue, that won't heal quickly.

Thanks, I appreciate the good wishes [emoji5] I'm doing much better today. It's not as painful as it was Saturday and the swelling is down some. I'm still getting around with the walker for the extra support, but it's an improvement.

Thanks, I appreciate the good wishes [emoji5] I'm doing much better today. It's not as painful as it was Saturday and the swelling is down some. I'm still getting around with the walker for the extra support, but it's an improvement.

I'm glad to read it. I think you are wise to keep using the walker.

Continued "god bedring" (Danish for good bettering)

GG, how's the knee doing?
It was doing really well Friday and Saturday - I could walk further without the walker. And then, of course, I overdid it yesterday and it's very painful again. Argh. I'll just keep it elevated and iced today and hopefully it'll be better tomorrow. Thanks for asking.

GG, don't be like me. When it just starts feeling a little better, that's the sign that it's healing, not the sign that you're good as new. Overdoing it, and pushing myself has caused what should have been short healing time, has caused the injury to require long healing time.

I've fallen twice here in Montana. Fortunately, those Judo falling techniques still work. No bumps, bruises, or injuries.

GG, take it easy. Let it heal And take care of you. You are in my prayers. I've seen miracles happen through prayer.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom