"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-17-2015, 11:54 AM   #41
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Not as cool as yours are. I wandered out without my coat this morning and scraped the frozen fog off my car. It's 41 F right now, almost swimsuit weather.

We get those temps once in a while...see people wearing shorts in the shopping centers. Right now it is pretty cold...20 degrees. To stay on topic, I am thankful that our car is kept in a heated garage and I rarely have far to walk to get into a store. Sometimes DH actually does a pick-up and drop-off, which is nice, too.

Old 02-17-2015, 11:56 AM   #42
Executive Chef

I am thankful that we all like different kinds of weather. It would get really crowded if we all moved to the same state!

Old 02-21-2015, 01:03 AM   #43
Master Chef

After spending the last two afternoons with our 14 mo old grand daughter recovering from crossed eye surgery I'm more thankful than you'll ever know.
She is seeing for the first time like we all see. Not double sight but normal...I wonder what she's thinking? It must be a brand new world to her. OMG, just imagine! I'm overcome with emotion and thankfulness...
Sigh..

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:17 AM   #44
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Oh sweetness! That's wonderful, Kayelle!
Old 02-21-2015, 01:26 AM   #45
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Oh sweetness! That's wonderful, Kayelle!
Thanks Dawg.....I'm so thankful for our sweet little Cheyenne good news first! Phew!!

I'm also thankful my kitchen is done and it looks spectacular!!!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 02:05 AM   #46
Master Chef

Kayelle, that is wonderful news about Cheyenne and her surgery. I'm so glad things worked out so well for your family.

Your new kitchen sounds pretty exciting, too. I'm jealous, but in a good way. I hope you get the chance to post a few snapshots here at DC so we can all drool. Have fun in your new culinary clubhouse.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:28 AM   #47
Chef Extraordinaire

Kay, all my life I have had a lazy eye. Another word for crossed eye. But it was only one eye. The first pair of glasses I got was in the first grade. My mother brought them to me while I was in school. The teacher made sure that I kept them on. At that time kids went home for lunch. So the day I got them was also trash day. On the way home for lunch, I tossed them into a trash can that I was passing. Only because kids had started to call me all the standard names. So I have a smile on my face and am grateful that Cheyenne will never know what that is like.

That little precious girl has a bright future ahead.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:11 PM   #48
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
After spending the last two afternoons with our 14 mo old grand daughter recovering from crossed eye surgery I'm more thankful than you'll ever know.
She is seeing for the first time like we all see. Not double sight but normal...I wonder what she's thinking? It must be a brand new world to her. OMG, just imagine! I'm overcome with emotion and thankfulness...
Sigh..
Aww, that made me smile. I can imagine how relieved you all are - don't you wish she could put into words how different her world is now?

Looking forward to seeing a pic of your new cabinets!
Old 02-22-2015, 01:51 AM   #49
Sous Chef

I often complain about cleaning my house. I've since corrected myself and replaced the complaining with thankfulness:

Some people don't have a home to clean. I'm thankful to have a home to clean; some people live on the streets or in their cars. I should quit griping and get on it.

I complain about the litterboxes and vet bills. That is what comes with having 8 cats and a dog.

I'm thankful I can afford to have these precious pets and I'm very grateful for our wonderful vets. And I always joke when I clean the litterboxes: "The next batch of cats are gonna learn to use the toilet!" LOL!

As a retail manager, I often get surly, nasty customers. This may be reverse thankfulness. I have often been accused of having an "attitude" when I have to carefully, politely explain to them I can't do a refund on something like a used pregnancy test, a very used grill they bought seven months ago, or a TV that looks like someone kicked it in.

Although I never say this, I often think, "You should be very thankful I only have an attitude, because right now I wish I had a trapdoor and a button."
Old 02-25-2015, 01:57 AM   #50
Master Chef

Hi CCL, good to see you again. My daughter used to work retail, she could probably identify with the trap door thing.

Do you ever hear from Cat anymore? Hope she and her family are well.