This is cool:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cool beans.

i guess cake people don't recognize jupiter when you see it. just "planet" cake?

i see the perpetual hurricanes on the un-sliced cakes, right about where they should be in the southern hemisphere.

Well, that explains it. I learned astronomy in 1975 ;)

It would be really tricky to reproduce that with cake.
It sure would be tricky.

For something that has been known since 1975, I find it surprising how many people don't know about Jupiter having rings. I didn't find out until the '90s. BTW, Uranus and Neptune have rings too.

Did anyone see that programme on Food Network where the Wedding Cake company made a cake that was a working model of the groom's DJ record deck?

Which reminds me. The aforementioned series on wedding cake makers talked about groom's cakes as well as bride's cakes. Is it customary to have two cakes at the wedding reception? What with that and special cakes for the rehearsal dinner, weddings in the US must be even more expensive than over here.

Last edited:
Cakes for every occasion. Sneeze? Go buy a cake in the shape of a big nose. Over the years, I have noticed that most folks do not care for the texture of the fondant covering, so they leave it on their plate. Last March when my daughter had the birthday party for my 75th, I told her absolutely no fondant. She got a simple one layer cake with buttercream frosting. A simple "Happy 75th Birthday" and a small music box inside the cake that played Happy Birthday as you were cutting it. All of the cake went.

This country has been blighted with the "one upmanship" disease. If I have Happy Birthday on my cake, my neighbor has to have the Declaration of Independence written of theirs. A whole industry of "out of this world" decorations for a cake has risen. Folks go to culinary school to learn all this and it can take a few years to learn.

I think the most disgusting cake I have ever seen was in the shape of the bottom of a woman's anatomy with the legs spread apart, with the crown of the baby's head exiting. The cake was for a baby shower and went uneaten. The woman who was throwing the shower thought it was cute and very funny!
She was the only one. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom