Time Flies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, This thread makes me feel very young. Suddenly being 4 years old 45 years ago seems pretty good.

Not sure what I was doing, but it probably wasn't much.

Wow, This thread makes me feel very young. Suddenly being 4 years old 45 years ago seems pretty good.

Not sure what I was doing, but it probably wasn't much.

Most likely getting into everything and driving your poor mother crazy. And in spite of it all, you turned out all right. ;)

Hmmm....at this time in 1972 I was 16, a junior in high school, and learning to drive. We lived out in the boonies on a dirt road. My first driving experiences were backing up my dad's hay-filled truck to the barn so we could all get in there and start unloading it. :) I had a couple of horses that I adored and we spent a lot of time exploring the southeastern Sierras. Good memories. :)

Last edited:
In 1972, my oldest sister was born. My parents just gotten the house we grew up in, it was amazing because it was bank crisis in Sweden but they got a loan and bought big out dated house with huge garden.
In 1972 , my husband was still in the Highlands but they where ponder to move south.

In Sweden food is very expensive and ABBA release their debut single and well you know the rest.

45 years ago I had been married, had a bouncing baby boy and got divorced. My 6 year military obligation was over, so I joined the Army Reserve.I spent the next 4 years in the Army Reserve, the 2 years after that in the Arizona Army National Guard and then the next 6 years in the Naval Air Reserve.

In 1972, I was 12 years old and doing things that kids that age do. I started working two paper routes that year, in addition to mowing neighbors' lawns. I thought I was raking in the cash at the time.

Because I was making money, that was also the year I began buying my own record albums - because I could. No longer limited to the stuff my parents listened to... Artie Shaw, Burl Ives, etc., I began collecting albums by the Beatles, Chicago, and Elton John. I still have many of those records. Exciting times.

I was working at a local fast food place in the winter, and teaching swimming and lifeguarding in Canada during the summer. Canadian wages were a lot more than American wages! I felt like I was Richie Rich.

Back
Top Bottom