Timeloyd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was banned from the forum. I still talk with him once in a while on Instant Messenger. He's just a lonely guy, living off a disability check, who's on a different wave length than the rest of us.

Constance, I agree with you. He is a very nice man and a unique story teller. I post at another forum where he shares his recipies.

Somestimes "wacko" is just shyness. Our 'differences' are what makes each of us who we are, and I think that's a good thing. :)

Myleg, his access to the web is through web TV, and a computor at the university library, where his time is quite limited. According to him, he couldn't send them an email.
I don't know about that, but I do know when he has emailed me, all I have gotten are links to other web sites.
He was very hurt about being banned, and bugged the heck out of me about it, but I explained there was nothing that I could do, and that he needed to talk to the administrators.
Of course, all he had to do was send them a PM, but I couldn't seem to get that across to him.

Rose, I agree with you about the differences. I'm rather eccentric myself. :wacko:

He was banned for a number of reasons. One of which was he was posting recipes that contained ingredients that if not prepared right were poisonous and could easily kill a person. When we pointed this out to him he fought us on it and said that he knows how to prepare it so it is not dangerous. He could not seem to understand that others do not have the knowledge he has about these items and thus it could be very dangerous. He would just fight with us and tell us it is not dangerous. We sent him articles and links supporting our position, but he refused to include any information in his posts that would warn people on the dangers if used wrong.

He also would not respond to PM's or emails. He did tell us of his internet situation (WebTV and library access), but he seemed to selectively respond to our PM's and emails.

The bottom line is that we felt he was posting things that could endanger our members and others and he refused to take any measures to ensure that people had all the info needed to make these things and not get sick or die. The staff members here HATE banning members and we do it only as a last result. Timeloyd left us no other option as we gave him many many chances, but he just would not bend.

He seemed like he was "bent" enough. Oh well. Hopefully he doesn't go on a rampage through the library destroying computer equipemnt and projectors, possibly wiring them to blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom