Tips to keep your home safe when you are in a vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janaewalker

Assistant Cook
We all have worries about our home’s safety whenever we go for a trip. Here are some simple tips to ensure your home’s safety..

Ask help from your friends or neighbours-If you are in a trip ask your neighbours or friends to keep an eye on your property.Ask them to ask a check on your home once every day. If you ask the help from more than one person let them know each other. Otherwise it will create a confusion.

Never give criminals an open chance- Never post your detailed vacation plans in social medias like facebook and twitter. You may not be knowing who all are reading the stuff. This creates an open chance for burglars to peep into your home.

Close your windows and doors properly- Before leaving your home for a trip make sure that all the windows and doors are closed. More than that use custom made windows and doors that are strong enough.

Notify the police- Consider informing the police whenever you leave for a trip.

Keep your curtains closed- Before leaving your home keep your curtains closed. Never give a chance for someone to peep into your house.

Never leave your light on- The idea of leaving the lights on throughout the vacation is worthless.

Stop you mails and newspapers- Piling up of mails and newspapers create an impression that there is nobody in the house.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also install a network security cameras that you can monitor from your cell phone. They can also alert you if there's any movement on your property.

Last edited:
DH sets several of our lamps on timers that match the usual hours we turn them on and off when we're home.

This is kind of a weird thing to be posting when summer is about to end (in terms of school starting), but okay :)

I simply don't worry about it.

Anyone wanting to burglarize my home would most likely see what little junk I have and feel sorry for me. They might even leave something for me. :LOL:

Also where I live is remote enough that they could dance on the roof, fire off as many guns as they want, and fire up the tunes to obscene levels and no one would notice anything abnormal.

The best way to keep your home safe is to find a home away from the people who cause the problems.

Other then that find a house sitter to watch things while you're away. You're more likely to have something like a washer hose burst then bad guys invade your space so a sitter is a good idea.

We hire neighbor kids to come by to feed our cats and bring in the newspaper and mail, and we let our next-door neighbors know when we're going out of town. It's worked well so far.

Even the best neighborhoods have occasional problems. Troublemakers aren't restricted to the boundaries.

We and our neighbors watch each others' homes when we're away. Turn on/off the A/C or heat, check for leaks and turn on the water (for longer trips). Also dig out from snow storms.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom