Top Chef Starts Tonight!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I missed the first season, but my boyfriend watched it. He reminded me this morning to watch tonight.

Last May, Lou and I happened to be walking in NYC near Little Italy. As we walked to our car, he pointed out that the other couple waiting for a car as well were two of the finalists from the show.

So, yes, I'll be watching tonight!

okay, I just saw that it doesn't begin till 11pm. Unfortunately, I turn to a pumpkin before that. I'll catch it tomorrow hopefully at 4pm or 10pm. I do so hate getting up at 5!

Last edited:
I'd love to watch it but... it doesn't start until 11:00. That's just a little too late.

Pdswife!....they replay it all the time. It's on again tomorrow at 4pm and again tomorrow at 10pm.

If you click on the link above you can get all the air times for the week!

Neat thanks! Thursday at 4 will work out great!

BTW, last season I saw only the very last show. I thought
it was pretty good.

I think I'll look out for it...been seeing the previews, and it does look intersting. (p.s. haven't posted here in the pm for ages due to computer problems - sort of kind of fixed them. PC is limping along, but, yaaaay.)

Here's a
BWBW1178.jpg
for your 'puter Sandyj

I'm sooooo excited - I watched each episode last season and was hooked.
Having Tom Colicchio is such a plus, imo.

Okay, so what did you guys think? I was so pleased to see Harold as the guest judge! That Marcel guy looks like the wolf man! Liked some personalities already. Working with snails and frogs' legs tho' - ew! Sad to see that nice girl go already.

Believe it or not, I got sucked into watching the second showing of the Project Runway finale at midnight!

Top Chef was on right after, @ 1am, so I had to watch that, too.:ohmy:

The people are way more competant that those on Hel's Kitchen, but seem loads meaner too. They had to create a dish using snails and American cheese slices! :ROFLMAO:

I am not sure if I can get hooked on this sho...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Is Marcel the one with the weird hair????

Last edited:
Just wait, Jenny - the drama will set in!

(PS - on an aside, I was completely disgusted that Jeffrey won PR)

Okay, back to Top Chef! Betty's cooking looked tasty, as did Mia's.

I watched part of it..Wanted to see Mia, she is from this area and was curious.Was surprised to see the fellow from Wine and Roses B&B on there, been there years ago and the food was fantastic.
kadesma:)

I can't complain that Padma is this years hostess. :in_love:

It seems like they tried to put together a cast that will instigate more confrontations with the other chefs than last season.

This years cast seems to have better all-round skills than last years imo.

What is up with Frank and his anger? That should be quite interesting if he makes it deep into the contest. Nothing like a little kitchen violence to scare you into creating a culinary masterpiece. :brows:

:chef:

jkath in your reply as to who will be watching Top Chef Starts Tonight! I am definitely watching.

Thanks for your reminder.

I hope the family are great and again I thank you for all the info that you have given me. You have really been a great help.

Thanks for the link. I really enjoyed the last series. I picked Harold as the winner on the first show! :rolleyes: Just went through the web site feature, and will catch the first episode tonite at 10. I'll give you my prediction after that... :LOL:

I went to bed early last night, :( but am watching it now. I made sure not to read any of the earlier posts!!!!

So I finally got a chance to watch one of the replays of the first episode. Seems like this year they went with more people with professional cooking backgrounds. However, it could be that a lot more professional chefs applied this year after watching season one. I know the Los Angeles auditions were packed. Some observations:

Marcel is this year's Steven. While his cooking will probably be the most cutting edge in terms of technique and ingredients, that doesn't always translate to appeal and flavor. Like Steven, I think he's going to have a hard time in challenges that showcase more simple food, but he'll stick around for awhile just because of his experience. I mean, working under Joel Robuchon is no small thing.

Sam seems like this year's Harold without Harold's refinement in presentation but it was only the first episode. Like Harold, he's going to need more of a killer instict to beat the more aggresive contestants.

As the episodes go by, the contestants with less fine dining experience will start getting knocked off unless the format is completely different from last year. Although they placed high in the first episode, I think that Betty and Mia won't be around for that much longer once line skills start coming more into play. Elia and Michael probably won't stick around for that much longer either.

Carlos is not this year's Dave. He'll be gone very soon.

Otto's a mystery to me. He should have performed much better considering his background. But what he's done in episode 1 isn't a very good representation of the Culinary Institute of Las Vegas. But many culinary instructors are stuck in a "classical mode" so to speak. He may not have the ingenuity to stick around that long.

Back
Top Bottom