Total Lunar Eclipse Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DampCharcoal

Executive Chef
From spaceweather.com:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The eclipse begins around 3:30 pm EST (2030 UT) when the Moon enters the outskirts of Earth's shadow. During this early stage, it's possible to look at the Moon and not realize anything is happening. Only a hint of shadow cast across the lunar terrain hints of what is to come: By 5:00 pm EST (2200 UT) the difference will be unmistakable -- at least half the Moon is in deep shadow -- and by 6:00 pm EST (2300 UT) the whole Moon will turn a delightful shade of sunset red: animation.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tonight's eclipse is visible from parts of all seven continents: map. Europe and Africa are favored. People there can see the entire eclipse from beginning to end high in the midnight sky. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the United States, much of the eclipse takes place before moonrise. Even so, the eastern half of the country will enjoy a good view of totality. Observing tips: At the end of the day on Saturday, go outside and face east. As the sun sets behind your back, a red Moon will rise before your eyes--fantastic! Maximum eclipse is at 6:21 p.m. EST. [/FONT]​

the Right hand side of the moon is "vanishing", here is Crystal clear and even Stars in view for a change, pity about street light pollution, but...

well I`de just get into trouble if I shot them all out wouldn`t I *Sigh*

Cute now it is snowing and overcast but Iam still going to go out and look at 6:15pm-6:22 Dang I hope I can see a bit of it !!

Will it affect it cause I just checked our sunset- not till 6:26 ! Bummer !

Hope I don't forget - having a few beers - lol

Think I will set my alarm !! lol

Last edited:
Cool, Crewsk! Tell TC that as soon as the sun goes down in the West, the moon will come up in the East and have a bloody red color!

We looked at the pics on the site & he's itching to get out his telescope now. I'm just happy yo see him getting excited over something other than the girl who sits next to him at school giving him her email address.:rolleyes:

well, heck, I just went out and noticed it was full, and said hello, without noticing a thing! shame on me! gonna go check again. I sat outside a few minutes gazing- I am kinda wacky thinking if I admire it enough it will beam me a life epiphany to chew on. ok, i will shut up and go outside.

Back
Top Bottom