Traveling Apron Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Traveling Apron's Rules - Please Vote!

• Total voters
jkath said:
So, then, shall we begin again?

I think the paypal idea is a good one, Alix. And, by the way, for those of you who don't know me that well, be assured I'd never take off with the funds...too many of you know where I live!!!:LOL:

I think we should use this apron. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll send for it on Monday:

Discuss Cooking BBQ Apron > DiscussCooking.com Online Store |

CafePress

Awesome, Blossom!! The apron's great.

Also, I second JMediger's suggestion of beginning with the the original list because so many of us have been "in line" for the first apron.

And, jkath, we know you'd never abscond with the money. We could trust you with a million dollars.

Even though we had a turn with the original apron James and I would love to be added to the bottom of the new list.

:) Barbara

Will I be allowed to play? Im so bad at getting my mail though...maybe this time I can just get it shipped to my second home! That would be work then I would kNow I would get it!

I'd love to be on the list again too.

What sucks is I spent all that time making about 50 stickers, and some jerk wound up with almost the whole wad.

*huh* bad news since I`ve been here the last time...
my computer broke down, first only Internet was off, but then the whole thing didn`t want to play with me anymore *grrr*

I`m so sad to hear about nothing happened, I was looking for receiving the apron any day.. :(
I'm still in when its starts new, and I would give almost any information about me to jkath :mrgreen:
I prefer one apron sent around at limited time, it's not so much fun for the overseasers not to have the same apron as all the others...

and don't wonder if I'm away again now, at the moment I use Franks Laptop until my Compi is new or whole again....

I don't think anyone person should get to keep whatever is shipped along with the apron. If I had the apron, and tossed in pictures of the area, or even a cookbook, no one should get to keep that..everyone should get a chance to see whatever gets packed.

Regional would be difficult, but two...one for each hemisphere or something like that should be sufficient, plus it would move it quicker.

I don't think we'd encounter the same problem again....what with someone keeping it. Although I do wonder what motivated the person to keep it.

When do we begin the new tour?? And how far down the list am I?????

It's kinda hard for me to speculate, as I had no idea what the parameters were on the original apron, but here goes:

1. Only one apron, period. We can wait.
2. Anything the sender wants to include should be utilized by the very next sendee. Extras should not be mandatory.
3. Adhering to the one week limit SHOULD be mandatory! What is it anyone needs to do with that apron that cannot be done in a week?
4. If jkath wants to keep tabs on the apron, then everyone who wants to participate should have to send her a profile and e and snail mail addys, so she can put her finger on it at any given time.

so, who WAS this jerk who stole the apron and the money? Was he a newcomer? What do we know about him? And a pox on all his houses and his descendents.... :ohmy::rolleyes:

does the list pick up where we left off? and how far down am I?

Last edited:
Okay, I just found this thread after I posted on the original apron thread, so many of the things I say will be a repeat.

1. There can only be ONE apron for EVERYBODY to participate in, otherwise it sort of defeat the whole purpose.

2. I think it is a good idea to get it started from this end of the pond (Europe), to save the apron some travelling mileage. We could pitch in (how, we will have to think about it) when the last person from Europe sends it out to go across the ocean to help the person out for the extra shipping charge.

3. We should keep the "extra goodies" to the minimum, while they are lots of fun and a nice gesture, but the bulking up of the packet can become a serious problem later on. Postcards and stickers can be a good idea though

4. another idea from me, how about passing around a "friendship book" along with the apron? Get a blank notebook, and everyone fill in their page as they like, write in messages with pictures, stickers, stamps etc. as well.

5. If there is a way to support each other with the postage without involving cash, that would be great... anyone has any idea for it?

If we start in Europe, there will only be one person sending it to the states. If the cost is prohibitive, we can quietly help by listing our names as contributors.

Heck, if it is difficult for the person, all they have to do is PM me and I'll send the postage. I'm sure many people feel the same way....and I do understand if the money is tight, we've all been there.

phinz said:
I'd love to be on the list again too.

What sucks is I spent all that time making about 50 stickers, and some jerk wound up with almost the whole wad.

Thankfully I got one! Now I wish I would have taken 2, like I wanted to do!;)

Speaking of stickers - there's one going out in tomorrow's mail for you & one for jkath. Long story why they didn't make it into the mail earlier. I will tell all by the end of this week... Stay tuned.

VeraBlue said:
I don't think anyone person should get to keep whatever is shipped along with the apron. If I had the apron, and tossed in pictures of the area, or even a cookbook, no one should get to keep that..everyone should get a chance to see whatever gets packed.

I agree with you, for the most part. Someone who shall remain nameless ;) put food in the box - that really has to go to the next person or 2 in line.

urmaniac13 said:
4. another idea from me, how about passing around a "friendship book" along with the apron? Get a blank notebook, and everyone fill in their page as they like, write in messages with pictures, stickers, stamps etc. as well.

Actually, there was a notebook in with the apron where we all wrote an entry before we shipped the apron. Oh, poo, that's gone, too. :(

Back
Top Bottom