Did you know...
On March 26, 1880, four men in Galisteo Junction, New Mexico, reported seeing a strange object "monstrous in size" flying through the sky. Powered by a large fanlike device, the craft was "shaped like a fish" and had elaborately painted characters on its sides. (Remember, this was 24 years before the first Wright Brothers flight.)
1. In 1981, who was the first baseball player to win both the Cy Young Award (for pitching) and the Rookie of the Year award?
2. Do you recall the name of Budweiser's canine pitchman?
3. Upon its debut in 1982, this newspaper was nicknamed "McPaper" for its concise news stories and colorful layout; name it.
4. In what year was the tootsie roll invented?
5. Do you remember the last name of the professor on "Gilligan's Island"?
6. How many Hitchcock films did Cary Grant star in?
7. what's the minimum base salary a player can be paid for a season in the NFL?
8. worldwide, how many humans die from AIDS each day?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The average age of a French oak tree harvested to make wine barrels is 170 years.
1. Fernando Valenzuela (??)
3. USA TODAY
4. 1896 (1914)
8. 8,000 a day
This is because older oaks tend to be denser.
Dense oak is very good at mellowing and adding flavor to wine, as well as imparting color to white wines. there are over 400 species of oak, but only 20 are used for making wine barrels.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !