DID YOU KNOW...
Very few American homes had radios in 1920, but the ones that did were able to follow the Presidential election results; on Nov. 2, the first radio news broadcast of an election was presented.
1. In Norse Mythology, what did Odin sacrifice for a draught from Mimir's well, which provided infinite wisdom?
a. - his arm
b. - his eye
c. - his teeth
d. - his genitalia
2. Martha Stewart spent a little time in the "Big House". Do you remember what her crime was?
3. What is Malta's capital city?
4. For what 1982 movie was Teri Garr nominated for an Oscar?
b. - Terms of Endearment
c. – Mr. Mom
d. – One from the Heart
5. 'Ten Little Indians' was a classic whodunit. What was its original title ?
6. What was the name of Jacque Cousteau's research ship ?
7. What element is the basis of organic chemistry?
8. How does the Latin 'Ago porro quod prospicio' translate to English?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
As U.S. Secretary of War, Jefferson Davis imported camels for the Army to ride.
1. – b
2. Perjury / Obstruction of justice
4. – a
5. “And Then There Were None”
8. “Live well and prosper”
In 1856, at a cost of $30,000, 34 camels were purchased by Davis, to be used at remote military outposts.
The camels proved unmanageable and unpopular, so these “ships of the desert” sank!
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !