"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-16-2009, 09:18 AM   #1
Master Chef
 
luckytrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: southeastern pa.
Posts: 7,347
Trivia 11/16

trivia 11/16
DID YOU KNOW...
Only about 20% of the thousands of Appalachian Trail hikers make the complete 2,175mile trek. Most of that 20% begin at Georgia's Springer Mountain in March and end up in Maine atop Mt. Katahdin in September. The other 80% stay home with TV, a hot meal, and warm
bed for 7 months

1. name the only person to be born in Washington, d.c. and grow up to be elected to national office (president or vice-president).
2. how many brothers in the "van halen" rock group?
3. sri lanka gained it's independence in 1948 from what country?
4. what year saw mother Teresa win a nobel prize?
5. what recently newsworthy food group includes sugars and starches?
6. what off-Broadway smash hit was based on a roger corman 1950's "horror" film?
7. What do you call that juvenile act of torture that involves holding someone by the neck with your arm and rubbing the knuckles of your other hand on their head ?
8. In the movie Psycho, what was Norman Bates' hobby ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
lightning can't strike the same place twice.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
1. AL GORE
2. two
3. BRITAIN
4. 1979
5. CARBOHYDRATES
6. "LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS"
7. Taxidermy
8. (giving a ) Noogie
CRAP !!
lightning isn't selective, and can even strike the same tree more than once during the
same storm. tall buildings, such as the empire state building and the Seattle space needle,
are hit repeatedly.
statistically, lightning strikes within any 1/4 acre of land (not counting tall buildings)
about once every 101 years.

__________________
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !
luckytrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.