Did you know...
Pennsylvania is nicknamed the Keystone State because back in colonial days, it was the middle of the original 13 colonies. Thus, it metaphorically held them all together like the keystone of an arch.
1. what was the first movie directed by steven spielberg?
2. what children's fairytale character was known as little biddy in early english translations?
3. thanks to a thomas edison recording, what poet was the first person to have his voice heard after death?
4. which city is farther west; reno, nev. or los angeles, cal. ?
5. how many pages are there in the standard US passport?
6. who was the only woman tennis player to win the grand slam in both singles and doubles?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??in 1860, the average length of time it took the pony express to deliver a letter from st. joseph, mo. to sacramento, cal. was 21 days.
2. red riding hood (??)
3. robert browning (frost??)
5. 24 (6?)
6. margaret smith court (martina??)
the average run of 1,966 miles took ten days at nearly 200 miles per day.
the fastest run was pulled off in 7 days, 17 hours by riders carrying abe lincoln's inaugural address.
there were about 150 stations between the two cities, each about ten to fifteen miles apart. a pony express man would ride from station to station, changing horses at each one, for about 100 miles, when a new rider would take over.
the service, which began in april, 1860, was short-lived: a year and a half later, the pony express was rendered obsolete and put out of business by the advent of the telegraph.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !