DID YOU KNOW...
The last Fuehrer of Germany was Karl Doenitz.
He succeeded Adolph Hitler after his death, and held the office for twenty-three days.
1. What's the appropriate botanical name of the Florida county that contains Orlando ?
2. Who Was I ??
I was an original member of the Rolling Stones rock band. I drowned in my own swimming pool in 1969.
3. What part of Los Angeles has a "Street of the Golden Palace" ?
4. What is measured on the Beaufort scale ?
5. How many of the 5 original Beach Boys were brothers ?
(Bonus; how many were related ?)
6. Definition ("F")
n.~ 1. Anat. a. An approximately spherical group of cells containing a cavity. b. A vascular body in the ovary containing ova. 2. bot. A single-chambered fruit that splits along only one seam to release it's seeds.
7. The island of Madagascar is located off the coast of what East African nation ?
8. What 1990's boxing champion was nicknamed "The Real Deal" ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
As proofing is the system of measuring alcoholic content, so "Underproof" is a spirit below the proof level.
1. Orange County
2. Brian Jones
4. The intensity of winds.
5. Three (four)
8. Evander Holyfield
In the 18th century and until 1 January 1980, Britain defined alcohol content in terms of “proof spirit,” which was defined as the most dilute spirit that would sustain combustion of gunpowder. The term originated in the 18th century, when payments to British sailors included rations of rum. To ensure that the rum had not been watered down, it was “proofed” by dousing gunpowder in it, then testing to see if the gunpowder would ignite. If it did not burn, the rum contained too much water—and was considered to be “under proof".
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !