Did you know................
• In 2000 Toni Stadler jumped out of an airplane in South Africa and successfully parachuted to the ground, setting a world record......
The record: Stadler was only four years old at the time.
1. name the actor who won an oscar for his 1968 performance in the movie "oliver". (hint his name is the same as the film)
2. who was the first US president born in the 19th century?
3. what is robert bunsen's most well-known invention?
4. do you recall the name of burt reynolds' first wife?
5. how many lifeboat seats were available for the 2,227 passengers aboard the titanic?
6. what cheesy treat is hyped as :the snack that smiles back until you bite their heads off"?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
fatty arbuckle, chubby silent screen star, was found guilty of rape and murder and died in prison.
1. OLIVER REED
2. millard fillmore (franklin pierce)
3. THE BUNSEN BURNER
4. judy carne (??)
5. 1,178 (1,000)
roscoe "fatty" arbuckle was a rising star, signing a $1 million contract with paramount in 1921- an unheard-of sum at the time.
that same year, fatty took a vacation in san francisco and threw a party at the st. francis hotel. one of the party-goers, virginia rappe, fell ill during the party and died several days later.
fatty was accused, and tried two times for rape and manslaughter, both trials ending in mistrail.
at the third trial, the jury took 6 minutes to return a not guilty verdict.
but fatty's reputation was ruined, and he was banned from the screen.
he died in 1943 at the age of 46.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !