Did you Know...
MAHATMA GANDHI OBSERVED A DAY OF SILENCE EVERY MONDAY.
1. What famous female’s birth name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta ?
a. – Steffi Graff
b. – Stevie Nicks
c. – Angelina Jolie
d. – Lady Gaga
2. Who was NOT in Batman Forever ?
a. – Val Kilmer
b. – Tommy Lee Jones
c. – Jim Carrey
d. – Michael Keaton
3. If you’re average, you’ll sit thru about __________ commercials in your lifetime.
a. - 500,000
b. – 1 million
c. – 1.5 million
d. – 2 million
4. We Boomers grew up listening to AM radio ; what does AM stand for ?
5. Fill in the blank ;
John Jacob Astor had the distinction of being the _______ American to die in the Titanic Disaster.
6. In Arabic, "madrassa". In Spanish, "escuela". In Mandarin, "xue xiao".
In English ?
7. Which New York mayor was famous for reading Sunday newspaper comic strips to children over the radio?
(Hint; One of the Airports that service the city is named for him)
8. What trout species, the State Fish of Idaho, is named for the distinctive red slash mark on its lower jaw ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The U.S.’s very first Junk Mail was samples of Vicks VapoRub.
1. – d
2. – d
3. – d
4. Amplitude Modulation
7. Fiorello La Guardia
8. Cutthroat Trout
In the early 1900’s, VapoRub creator Lunsford Richardson persuaded postal authorities to let him send promotional samples of his product to random addresses across the Nation without including the intended recipient's name on each package, as previously required. Richardson was allowed to address his samples to “Boxholder”, equivalent of today’s “Occupant”.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !