DID YOU KNOW...
THE LOLLIPOP WAS NAMED AFTER LOLLY POP, ONE OF THE MOST FAMOUS RACEHORSES OF THE EARLY 1900S.
1. What's the correct name for what we incorrectly call "tentacles" on an octopus ?
2. What type of lace is named for a suburb of Paris ?
(hint; think "Big Bopper")
3. What's my name;
Manufactured by Warner Lambert, this square-shaped chewing gum had an r-rated nickname, because it had a liquid center that burst in your mouth as you chewed it...
4. What semolina product is used to make the Moroccan dessert seffa ?
5. What would you use to rock the baby, pop the clutch, or walk the dog ?
6. What band recorded the only James Bond movie theme to become a Billboard number one ?
7. In 1971, in an article for the Electronic News, journalist Don Hoefler coins a new "name" for the Santa Clara valley; what was it ?
8. What petroleum giant merged with Amoco in 1998 ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The Hula Hoop was invented in the early fifties by Art Linkletter.
3. freshen up
5. A YO-YO
6. duran duran (a view to a kill)
7. SILICONE VALLEY
Hula Hoops are actually traceable back to ancient times. Egyptians weaved their hoops from grapevines, and the ancient Greeks are said to have used a more primitive version as an early "weight-loss" machine.
The hula (also frequently spelled "hoola") hoop was reinvented in 1957 by Richard Knerr and Arthur "Spud" Melin, founders of the Wham-O toy company. The idea came from an Australian who had visited Australia who told Knerr and Melin about children twirling bamboo hoops around the waist in gym class. The new Hula Hoops were made possible by Marlex, a recently invented durable plastic.
After the hoop was released in 1958, Wham-O sold 25 million in the first four months and over 100 million in its first year. As the fad ran its course, Wham-O again struck lucky with the release of their Frisbee.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !