"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-24-2008, 08:41 AM   #11
Head Chef

To csalt and Bilby, thank you both for sharing.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:01 AM   #12
Executive Chef

Now here is the great benefiscence of God.

There are times and how special they are, when words just 'jump' off the page(computer). How wise you are csalt to include and give the thanks to the ONE who deserves! This is so important. As the minister said today, what you sow you reap. I am praying for your neighbors and you csalt. Wish I had a neighbor such as you! You are loved. Thanks for remembering to keep us informed. I do so appreciate it.

Bilby, when I read your response it applies so often to experience in my own. One lady in hospital with my mother had stroke. When she got put in hospital her husband said he wanted divorce. Same story applies to man my brother in nursing home. Seems when life gives you a disappointment, someone you hoped would support you, doesn't. Not only do they not help but gives you more heartache. I thank you Bilby for your time in expressing your feelings and opinion here. Sure helps me.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:38 PM   #13
Sous Chef

Thanks to you Bilby, Dave and In the K for your kind and encouraging responses.
The Social Worker has had a long talk with Sheila today and advised her to cut down her visiting hours in order to maintain her strength. She is feeling much better today. She said John was 'belligerent' today and we all see that as a good sign.!
Old 01-24-2008, 02:21 PM   #14
Executive Chef

csalt, is John able to speak yet? It is so frustrating not to be able to communicate, besides having your body "fail" you in this way. And sometimes I think it is harder for men to be in the position of having to rely on others for everything. I agree with Sheila, getting cranky is a very good sign, even if Sheila is bearing the brunt of it. And bless you for being such a good friend. Your love and help is priceless.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:54 PM   #15
Sous Chef

Yes F's M, he can speak; not for too long, but enough to tell Sheila to stop trying to control him!!
Old 01-24-2008, 07:13 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

c-salt,
take it from a very poor patient, getting grumpy is a good thing..My whole family just learned this. John, will heal, it takes time we are not 20 anymore, so it takes time...He will realize what a support system he has and I bet he already does...He is in good hands and with you and his wonderful wife by his side, he can't lose.

kadesma