"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 04-26-2006, 08:28 PM   #1
Senior Cook
USA and Exporting

I see from CNN that there are a few people in the USA that are worried about the imbalance of imports into the US compared to the exports out of the US.

So why will so many companies refuse to ship overseas?

I have been trying to buy a meringue piping bag and nozzle. Amazon US and Amazon UK, Amazon France, all refuse to ship these outside their home country. They will ship books to me at half the price, and DVDs at the same price, but not cooking items!

I got wildly excited today because I got an e-mail from Cooks.com saying:

Cooking.com - The Premier Resource for all your Cooking Needs.

Good News. The product you were looking for, White Cake Decorator Set, 6-piece (130941), is now available for purchase. We suggest you visit the store as quickly as possible as the most popular items tend to sell very quickly. Please be aware that unless you go to the site and go through checkout, this item is not charged to your account.

So, I immediately go to the checkout and order my White Cake Decorator Set, 6-piece (130941). I meticulously fill in all the details demanded (and what a balls-aching job that was!) and at the very end I get a message: Sorry. We cannot ship outside the US.

advoca is offline   Reply With Quote