USPS has lost my package!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
My boys gifts are lost somewhere between California and here! I am so upset. This has never happened to me. I would have rather it been anything else than the boys stuff! I finally got hold of a human on their phones and they were at least nice enough to put in an immediate investigation. The guy said that they usually wait 14 days but since it was so close to Christmas, and it shows to have been shipped from Cali on the 10th he would expedite it. I really hope it's found and sent on to us. I would rather it be late than try to get them to replace it.

OH DEAR! What else can go wrong for you guys this season?
I'd be so upset!

Oh wait.. I am. I'm almost in the same boat. DHL was supposed to deliver
a package on Friday... it's not here yet... I'm getting worried. I have to call them tomorrow and scream. luckily the gift is for Paul he'll understand. I'm so sorry for your boys though.:mad::mad::mad:

Christmas is so stressful:sick: I'll go buy their gifts if they have them at the store and then deal with it, but, I hope they find them so I don't have to go through trying to get them to replace it. That, I know, will probably be he#@

pdswife said:
OH DEAR! What else can go wrong for you guys this season?
I'd be so upset!

Oh wait.. I am. I'm almost in the same boat. DHL was supposed to deliver
a package on Friday... it's not here yet... I'm getting worried. I have to call them tomorrow and scream. luckily the gift is for Paul he'll understand. I'm so sorry for your boys though.:mad::mad::mad:

this one was suppose to be here Friday also. Don't wait until tomorrow, call them today. It may be that it's on it's way, but, it'll make you feel better in knowing for sure.

aww, man tg, that sucks. maybe you could get the boys something small for now, and include pictures of the items that were lost so they know what they'll eventually be getting.
i hate the usps. they've lost or broken many things on me, and has screwed up a few things that i've sold on ebay, trying to charge extra tax for stuff going to canada (always remember to say it is a gift, not a sale).
now, i'm usually all for overcharging canadians :devilish: , but it also made me look bad.

oh canadaaaaa, our home and native laaaaaand.
toooooo hiiiiiiiigh a tax, on all our american made items, commaaaaaaand!

Last edited:
Very true... I'm on my way out the door.
I get to have my very first mamogram today. God, I feel old and depressed.

I'll call as soon as I get home. You're right. I'll feel better knowing.

smiles, T

ME TOOO!!!!!! Wasn't as bad as I fear but still... it wasn't fun...
now to wait for the results.

I'm quite sure they've lost one of mine also. It was shipped 12/10 and I haven't been able to see any tracking since 5:00 am 12/15. I emailed the company where it was purchased, but they don't seem to think it is a problem. I don't understand why the tracking would be so good for the time accounted for and then disappear. I suppose that is the reason I ship by UPS.

usps has a bad tracking system. Too many times it shows not to be any further than the first scan, and then, it shows up. ups is much better!! I will not do usps again during Christmas!!

So you think it may not be lost after all? I have a couple of small presents in that shipment and hope it gets here before Christmas. Everything I've shipped by UPS gets there by the third day.

Yours is coming through ups, Licia? If so, you can check your order. It should show a ups tracking number.

No, mine is coming through USPS - I SENT mine by UPS. They arrived in short order. The USPS has presents for locals, but I'm getting a bit worried that they may not arrive on time.

You poor thing, Texas! You are having an awful Christmas season!!!! Hopefully they will make it right with you, get your packages delivered sooner than they should have been, and refund your shipping.... at least in a perfect, foofy customer service world they should! We probably all know better than that though, hmmmm. Hope everything turns out ok! Here's to goodbye 2005, hellooooo 2006!!!!
food-smiley-009.gif

Licia, I don't know. This is the first time I have ever had this happen to me. I've ordered online for 2 years at Christmas and never had a problem. I am worried that I won't get mine before Christmas. Call your local usps and have your tracking number to see if they can help you locate it.

I've only had one problem with USPS shipping, and that was 3 years ago. I had to ship one of my metal detectors back to the manufacturer for a repair job. I shipped it USPS Priority, insured for $800. I followed the tracking daily. It showed the first scan, then dissappeared for 3 weeks. I called the company I was shipping it to, and they never saw. Finally, after three weeks, I was about to start the claim process to recoup my loss, when the manufacturer called and said that not only had they received it (Finally!) and had diagnosed the problem, yadda yadda yadda.

That's the only time I've ever had a problem with USPS. I might send my detector back for a tune-up this year, but, if I do, it's going UPS.

Thanks Allen. I hope that it doesn't take 3 weeks, but, if it doesn't get here, I'm going to try and find the games at the store and then just return the others when I finally get them. At least I got them at Walmart, and they have a very good return policy.

My package showed up TG.
There's still time for yours to appear too!! I'll keep
crossing my fingers.

Back
Top Bottom