"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #3181
Everymom

Why do they bother letting you try to buy tickets to a concert when they have PRESOLD most of the stupid frigging tickets anyway. So mad I could spit.

Old 09-15-2012, 02:05 AM   #3182
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Why do they bother letting you try to buy tickets to a concert when they have PRESOLD most of the stupid frigging tickets anyway. So mad I could spit.
The young kids seem to know all the tricks to getting those tickets that you find all sold out. One of my grandson's plays in local bands around Boston. Is there an instrument he can't play? I doubt it. He fills in when a band needs one. So he gets tickets all the time for the other kids in the family when they want to go to one of those concerts where you can't hear a note being played. He is the "go to" kid for tickets.

When Son #3 was married to his first wife, her brother was the bass guitarist for Shania Twain. When they came to Boston, they got free tickets and a back stage pass. They got to have supper with the band. Shania ate in her dressing room. The band was strictly limited to free tickets to pass out. At least in her band.

Old 09-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #3183
Sous Chef

This morning bf told me he is planning to start saving his "dukers" til he gets to work, to save money by not filling up our tank. Then after he left I discovered he clogged the toilet and Just left it. Oops, he "forgot". Ugh, where is the mystery going?? I miss the days when he used to make some effort not to gross me out. I'm a little old fashioned/lady like in that way. Not into talking about (or seeing the result of) bodily functions. Yuck.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #3184
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
This morning bf told me he is planning to start saving his "dukers" til he gets to work, to save money by not filling up our tank. Then after he left I discovered he clogged the toilet and Just left it. Oops, he "forgot". Ugh, where is the mystery going?? I miss the days when he used to make some effort not to gross me out. I'm a little old fashioned/lady like in that way. Not into talking about (or seeing the result of) bodily functions. Yuck.
I'm not very old fashioned or ladylike. But, I don't want to see what's in a clogged up toilet.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #3185
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady
I'm not very old fashioned or ladylike. But, I don't want to see what's in a clogged up toilet.
Neither do I. And the fact that he says, "I know how much you like talking about this, but..." leads me to believe he knows I don't enjoy discussing the subject. If it was a health issue or something and he was asking my opinion that would be a little different, but just as a topic of conversation, no thank you.

(so then I bring it up as a topic of conversation lol... Sorry. )
Old 09-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #3186
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
Sit him down and with the promise of a wonderful dinner that you have let the smells waft through the house tell him how you feel. He loves you and needs a head up. That's what you need to do. Keeping quiet is not going to help and will end up with you growing angrier til an all out fight ensues. Tell him now,
Kades
Old 09-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #3187
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Sit him down and with the promise of a wonderful dinner that you have let the smells waft through the house tell him how you feel. He loves you and needs a head up. That's what you need to do. Keeping quiet is not going to help and will end up with you growing angrier til an all out fight ensues. Tell him now,
Kades
+1
Old 09-17-2012, 02:21 AM   #3188
Chef Extraordinaire

+2 Sometimes you have to share the bad with the good. Then the good is bound to follow.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:27 AM   #3189
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Kades
Thanks for the good advice, but I have asked him multiple times to keep that sort of thing to himself. And this time I told him I like seeing it even less than I like talking about it. He is usually pretty good at respecting that I have no interest in that topic, but he just couldn't keep this one to himself for some reason..
Old 09-18-2012, 12:01 AM   #3190
Executive Chef

If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown flush it down. Just sayin!