Best Catering Service?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smithjack

Assistant Cook
I’m getting married by the end of this year, and I’m struggling with the planning! Do you have an idea how much should I prepare when hiring professional caterers? What amount is considered too cheap or too expensive? One of my sisters suggested this Houston catering service to me, but I just want to be sure about the costs before proceeding. Thanks!

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking :)

That's a tough question since costs vary around the country. Catering services here in Virginia are probably very different from those in Houston. You would get more accurate information from local sources.

It also depends on what kind of reception you and your fiancée want to have, and where. Will you be renting a venue? Using a religious facility? Using someone's house? (My wedding and reception were at my mom's house.) Will it be a sit-down dinner, or open bar and hors d'oeuvres, or cake and champagne? There are lots of considerations.

I recommend meeting with at least three catering services to get meal suggestions and cost estimates. That's a normal thing to do. Caterers will lead you through the process, asking you questions about your price range and their offerings.

Welcome to DC.

I would start with my budget, the number of guests etc… and back into a number before contacting a caterer.

Personally, I wouldn’t spend much.

Cake and punch in the church basement, a small self catered cocktail party or potluck will commemorate the event just as well as a $100.00/ plate dinner and open bar.

Congratulations and welcome to DC.

Welcome to DC,
Reasonable suggestions.
I'd just pick my most favorite people to feed.
Tag them with a name sticker. Brides Favorite!
That will save you time and money.
Your welcome :)

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking. I don't believe we have any members who have experience catering for the film industry. You would probably have better luck asking a forum for movie producers how they do it.

Hey, I'm currently in the planning stages of a film project and one aspect I'm giving a lot of thought to is catering for the crew. I know how crucial it is to keep everyone well-fed and energized during long shoot days, so I want to ensure we provide options that satisfy various dietary preferences and restrictions while staying within budget. I'd love to hear from those of you who have experience with catering for film crews. What types of catering options have you found to work best? Are there any specific catering companies or services you would recommend? How do you handle accommodating dietary restrictions such as vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, etc.? Additionally, for those who have been on film sets where catering was provided, what were some standout meals or snacks that kept everyone happy and fueled throughout the day? Any tips or suggestions for ensuring a smooth catering experience would be greatly appreciated.
I have 0 experience so I feel more than qualified to offer my opinion.

I would contact the area’s best food truck, or several, and ask if they would cover the job.

They might be willing to throw you a price if your schedule matches a slow day on their schedule.

If that doesn’t work I would see if a community group might take up the challenge as a fundraiser. It would probably generate a little free publicity for your project and for the group.

I'd say asking for the test tasting might be a good idea. We hired a catering for my wife's birthday and the were happy to provide tasting. I'm glad we did it. They were very good to include my suggestions, but if we did not I know I would have been unhappy with some of the things they were going to cook. Like using weird seasoning or herbs.

I have 0 experience so I feel more than qualified to offer my opinion.

I would contact the area’s best food truck, or several, and ask if they would cover the job.

They might be willing to throw you a price if your schedule matches a slow day on their schedule.

If that doesn’t work I would see if a community group might take up the challenge as a fundraiser. It would probably generate a little free publicity for your project and for the group.
@Aunt Bea You stole what I was going to post! Including my experience and opinion! :brows:

What would the shipping cost be for them to send from Singapore? Doesn't sound viable for your wants. I would try to stick closer to home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom