"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #341
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
here they give on knock on the back door or one ring of bell on the front door. then they just leave the package. watch guy deliver to my next door neighbor yesterday. he threw package on porch. hit the door once with his clipboard and left. but then the postman does the same thing with something to big for box. guess you are supposed to just wander out and find them.
I have problems with this. They are too lazy to deliver so they leave a notice of delivery in the mail box. I always call the post office and tell them that IF I WANTED TO COME DOWN THERE TO PICK MY PACKAGE UP, I WOULDN'T PAY FOR MY PACKAGE TO BE DELIVERED!!! Ok, I am done. Feel better.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #342
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

It's okay Patty1. That's why this thread is my very favorite. Once vented there is that moment of relief. It's also good for relating to others.

I'll never forget my first post about the constant stress of IE8 crashing constantly. Not only did I feel good after venting, Alix and Andy (Alix & Andy? sounds like an old radio show) wrote back and convinced me that I needed to get Firefox with Ad Blocker, which resolved my daily frustrations for good.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #343
Executive Chef

I had been sleeping for a couple of hours until I was awaken by my daughter shrieking. She had gone into the summer kithen to grab a bag of potato chips, when she was totally freaked out by a mouse that had gotten its hind leg caught in a trap. Our Malamute quickly darted out from behind her and grabbed the mouse only to somehow fling it behind some boxes. I had to come down in my pj's, and fish this poor live mouse out of the corner with a hockey stick, get it into a bucket, get it outside and somehow free it from the trap because my daughter didn't want me to bash it with the hockey stick. . It took a long time. Here I sit wide awake, have to be up at 5 am, while my daughter and the dog are sound asleep, now. I need a drink.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:36 PM   #344
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
I had been sleeping for a couple of hours until I was awaken by my daughter shrieking. She had gone into the summer kithen to grab a bag of potato chips, when she was totally freaked out by a mouse that had gotten its hind leg caught in a trap. Our Malamute quickly darted out from behind her and grabbed the mouse only to somehow fling it behind some boxes. I had to come down in my pj's, and fish this poor live mouse out of the corner with a hockey stick, get it into a bucket, get it outside and somehow free it from the trap because my daughter didn't want me to bash it with the hockey stick. . It took a long time. Here I sit wide awake, have to be up at 5 am, while my daughter and the dog are sound asleep, now. I need a drink.
Do you ever get the feeling you're the star in a cartoon?

Thanks for the mental pictures.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:37 PM   #345
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
So...where's the mouse? I hope your daughter doesn't want to see it in the morning!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #346
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
So...where's the mouse? I hope your daughter doesn't want to see it in the morning!
Funny thing is, she was freaked and long gone by the time the whole operation was completed. I don't think she could care less at this point. But, I gave her my word I wasn't going to kill the mouse.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:51 PM   #347
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Do you ever get the feeling you're the star in a cartoon?

Thanks for the mental pictures.
My neighbor saw me out in the snow, -15 degrees Celcius, in my pj's, workboots, gloves, hockey stick and no jacket, at 11 pm. He has seen a few odd things over this way before. He just waved. Just another night in paradise.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:52 PM   #348
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
My neighbor saw me out in the snow in my pj's, workboots, gloves, hockey stick and no jacket, at 11 pm. He has seen a few odd things over this way before. He just waved. Just another night in paradise.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:56 PM   #349
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
My neighbor saw me out in the snow, -15 degrees Celcius, in my pj's, workboots, gloves, hockey stick and no jacket, at 11 pm. He has seen a few odd things over this way before. He just waved. Just another night in paradise.
What I picture! I don't draw much, but I see this cartoon of you, with your hockey stick. Very Tom & Jerry.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:00 AM   #350
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
OH, and I forgot to mention that I was carrying a bucket