Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I locked myself out of the apartment for the second time in two days. Up the steps, check my pockets, no keys. Woke Shrek up, again! Maybe I better increase my coffee intake before work.

Forgetting to put your work clothes into the dryer and only reailizing that fact 10 minutes before having to go to work! It's going to be a damp start to work.... Not the first time that I've done this!

Done that so many times!

Thanks for the sympathy, everyone. It actually felt loads better after he drained it. It could have been worse, I could have gotten a dry socket.

Bolas, how are you doing there, man? Sorry about your loss.

I locked myself out of the apartment for the second time in two days. Up the steps, check my pockets, no keys. Woke Shrek up, again! Maybe I better increase my coffee intake before work.

You need locks on your doors? I thought that's what the "Keep Out. Ogre" signs were for...:D:D:D

As a follow-up to my earlier mixer/commode vent, the commode has been replaced and the mixer is working as of this morning to make chocolate chip cookies.

Here is what the damage looked like.

Attachments

• DSC02250.jpg
    DSC02250.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC02248.jpg
    DSC02248.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 173
Wow Andy, I would think you be tempted to send those pics, along with a description of the accident to KA and tell them how impressed you are with their product!

Right up there with Timex!

Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin!

It's sure impressed me!:ohmy::ermm::blink:

Wow Andy, I would think you be tempted to send those pics, along with a description of the accident to KA and tell them how impressed you are with their product!

Good idea, Tim!

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin mixin'!

(I'd wash it REAL good first!!)

Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin mixin'!

(I'd wash it REAL good first!!)

I left it to dry since the incident then cleaned it thoroughly with a bleach solution to sanitize it.

I just used it to mix s very thick CC cookie batter and it worked normally.

I left it to dry since the incident then cleaned it thoroughly with a bleach solution to sanitize it.

I just used it to mix s very thick CC cookie batter and it worked normally.
WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO That's great. I was worried about water damage.

The plumber told me water damage is more of an issue with electronics and that it usually isn't an issue with electric motors.

The plumber told me water damage is more of an issue with electronics and that it usually isn't an issue with electric motors.

Yes, shorting between components is the worry. As long as you dry out the motor well and no water remains caught within the motor, it shouldn't become a problem.

With electronics, very often, there is a slight bit of power on at all times. It may be only a simple EPROM (Erasable/Programmable/Read Only Memory.

Those chips can hold a charge for more than a decade with no power source other then thier own.

When wet, they cause a short between the components in the chip and fry the works.

That's why electronics can be fried even when they aren't plugged in.

I don't know about calling the plumber--I've replaced a toilet (successfully) and I'm a klutz when it comes to DYI projects. It is fairly easy to replace a toilet (if I can do it).

Back
Top Bottom