Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you so much- I'm sure she'll give them a run for their money. She had knee replacement surgery ten years ago so she knows the drill.

You are very welcome. Just remember, you may feel alone, but we are always right here or someone is. Now get some sleep, no fretting into the night. Hugs!

PrincessFiona60 said:
You are very welcome. Just remember, you may feel alone, but we are always right here or someone is. Now get some sleep, no fretting into the night. Hugs!

Thanks again for making me feel better. I'm glad you are all here, and my cat is keeping me company too. He is such a good boy. He knows when he's needed.

Thanks again for making me feel better. I'm glad you are all here, and my cat is keeping me company too. He is such a good boy. He knows when he's needed.

Our pets just seem to know. They don't have to say a word.

There are days when I don't feel good, and when Teddy Bear comes, instead on jumping up on my bed for his back scratch, he lays down on the floor next to me. Just like your cat, he knows. Pets bring us a lot of comfort. :angel:

Addie said:
Our pets just seem to know. They don't have to say a word.

There are days when I don't feel good, and when Teddy Bear comes, instead on jumping up on my bed for his back scratch, he lays down on the floor next to me. Just like your cat, he knows. Pets bring us a lot of comfort. :angel:

They can definitely sense your mood. I've had Golly since the day he was born 9 years ago. His mom was a stray I rescued. She had that "You are the most amazing person in the world" attitude that a lot of rescues have, which rubbed off on Golly. He follows me around the house like a puppy. Unfortunately his mom's kidneys failed a couple years ago so I don't have her anymore.

I talked to my grandma this morning- she says it's hell getting old, and she wishes she could have some coffee, but she's pretty optimistic. That's my grandma :) she laid in the driveway for 40 minutes before she could get her phone out of her pocket. Of course she had to be laying on top of the damn thing. I'm surprised none of the cars driving by noticed a little old lady laying there. Cars drive by on her road every 5 minutes or so- probably more often at that time of day. Hm.

Wouldn't put it past my grandma to skateboard to the mail box ;) She's really upbeat and positive about it, but I wouldn't be surprised if she is just trying to keep us from worrying so much
I'm sure she is trying to ease your mind. That's what Ma's do:) I'll be thinking of her and have her in my thoughts and prayers.If at all possible call for a few minutes each day that you can. I know she loves you dearly and will be thrilled to hear your voice.
kades

last night my granddaughter left the back door open. both my cats are gone. we searched for three hours last.night had sightings but could not catch. i had hopes of them coming back this am for food and water. so far, no show. and no sightings at all this am. i can't stumble around and look or i will fall and get hurt. i love those cats so much. i have tried to be kind with the granddaughter, she certainly didn't do it on purpose. just not thinking and she has searched her little heart.out. but i want my babies back , we did poster, humane society, and endless searching. i know the little buggers are hiding somewhere. but they need to come on home now.
Any sign of those kitties yet? I'm still sending "go home" vibes.

kadesma said:
I'm sure she is trying to ease your mind. That's what Ma's do:) I'll be thinking of her and have her in my thoughts and prayers.If at all possible call for a few minutes each day that you can. I know she loves you dearly and will be thrilled to hear your voice.
kades

Thanks everyone. She had her surgery and is awake and doing ok. I talked to her for about ten minutes this morning, but I can't go visit because of course now I am coming down with the flu. I'm glad I started having flu symptoms before going to see her though. That's the last thing she needs.

I really appreciate all your thoughts, prayers, and support. My grandma means so much to me and it's so hard when things like this happen because I know it means we are just that much closer to losing her. I will be devastated when that happens.

thomas just appeared at the door, last night. in the night my granddaughter heard charlie under the house. she crawled under and hauled out charlie. i had given up yesterday afternoon. so relieved and very happy.

babetoo said:
thomas just appeared at the door, last night. in the night my granddaughter heard charlie under the house. she crawled under and hauled out charlie. i had given up yesterday afternoon. so relieved and very happy.

YAY!!! Oh, Babe, that's wonderful news!

Babe and Skittles, I love a happy ending! :angel:

A couple of months ago, I got a survey from CMS. They are the ones that overlook how Medicare is doing. It got tossed out by mistake before I could fill it out. Well, this week I get a letter with another survey that starts with;

Dear Mrs. Addie, We recently sent you a survey and have not received your response yet. We are enclosing another, blah, blah. We are told that these surveys are anonymous. So how do they know I didn't send it back. There is a window on the back of the survey with a control number in it. Now I am debating on whether to send it back or not. I have filled it out. But it is sitting here waiting a decision. This particular survey is for patients under the care of complete care facilities like ESP. It determines what ESP can do to improve the care we receive with recommendations from Medicare based upon the answers they receive from the survey. It is the "anonymous" violation that is my hangup. I feel like I am being lied to.

Do I send it in or not? :ermm:

Send it in Addie. Your anonymity is protected from people who could impact your care but the folks doing the survey are usually a different organization who report back to your caregiver. No feedback means no improvements.

Babetoo, YAY!!! I am so glad your furries are home safe. Skittle...glad your mom is doing well.

My petty little vent is - Why do I have two huge, painful, throbbing underground zits right between my eyebrows? Really? I will say again that I think it is patently unfair to have zits and wrinkles at the same time. Mother Nature, please choose one and remove the other, thank you.

Oh, Babe, that is WONDERFUL!!! This is the closest I could find to a Happy Dance emoticon. :bounce::bounce:

Silly boys! So glad they finally made it home.

Yes, send in the survey. Like Alix said, it's anonymous to your cargiving company, CMS can't fix what it doesn't know is broken.

Send it in Addie. Your anonymity is protected from people who could impact your care but the folks doing the survey are usually a different organization who report back to your caregiver. No feedback means no improvements.

Babetoo, YAY!!! I am so glad your furries are home safe. Skittle...glad your mom is doing well.

My petty little vent is - Why do I have two huge, painful, throbbing underground zits right between my eyebrows? Really? I will say again that I think it is patently unfair to have zits and wrinkles at the same time. Mother Nature, please choose one and remove the other, thank you.

I will tell you the same thing I have told all my kids and grandkids over the years and it works. Take a clean facecloth, run it under hot water as hot as you can stand it and put it on the zits. The heat will draw them to a head so that they will break ON THEIR OWN sooner. I promise you in less than six hours they will be gone and you will have no scars as long as you don't try to break them yourself. :)

Thanks Addie. These suckers aren't budging for ANYTHING. I've done the hot facecloth thing and all kinds of other things too. My grump is that I have zits at all at my age! Sheesh!

Back
Top Bottom