Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ What Katie says.^

If you were me (and be glad you aren't :whistling ) you could tell her "I like canning. It keeps me sane. And the cost of canning is far cheaper than the cost of a psychologist or drugs". Then give her a big, cheesy grin! :mrgreen:

Hahaha! That would be great lol.

That's a good idea PF. He certainly doesn't travel fast enough to cover the entire country - more like the entire local bed. :LOL:

Lordy, I hope he never sees how I tease him mercilessly around here. :ROFLMAO:

That's a good idea PF. He certainly doesn't travel fast enough to cover the entire country - more like the entire local bed. :LOL:

Lordy, I hope he never sees how I tease him mercilessly around here. :ROFLMAO:

I would be happy with 25% of the bed, between Shrek and the cats, I'm better off on the couch.:rolleyes:

I would be happy with 25% of the bed, between Shrek and the cats, I'm better off on the couch.:rolleyes:

Between Beagle and DH, I figure I get around 15-25% of the bed as well. I call DH the burrito, he just rolls up in the sheet until I have about 3 inches of sheet left, enough to cover approximately one knee cap.

Between Beagle and DH, I figure I get around 15-25% of the bed as well. I call DH the burrito, he just rolls up in the sheet until I have about 3 inches of sheet left, enough to cover approximately one knee cap.
That's why I like individual duvets.

Himself and I got along famously with each of the other's Mom. Both parents, actually. I had an advantage going into the marriage - I was best friend's with his sister from sophomore year of high school, so their parents were "Uncle P..." and "Aunt J..." to me for years. If I knew they would eventually be my in-laws, I might not have teased Dad about his balding head and pot belly. :ermm: :ohmy: :LOL: In spite of that, they still loved me. Aww....

Canning is your therapy. Just like needlework and other crafts are mine. Thank her for her concern and then follow CG's advice. She is going to be your MIL as long as her son is your husband. (Hope it is for many, many years.) So you don't want her for an enemy.

The only thing that concerns me is why is she so worried about your finances? I don't even discuss with my children what they do with their money. It is an area I have always considered private. If I should choose to buy a Porterhouse steak, that is my business, not anyone else's. The only reason my kids know mine is because of my advanced years. They have the NEED to know, not the desire. :angel:

Since we got a king size bed, we've been constantly fighting over blanket. One tome one of the kids drag her blanket to our bed one sunday morning and she forgot it there. We slept well fallowing no night. Now we have two bkankets , sleep on the dufferent sides of the bed. There us no fighting though. We meet in the middle once in a while. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Try to take better care of yourself Addie. :angel:
Heaven knows I am trying. We have a neighbor across from me on the side of the building where I live. This "child" has a motor scooter and he must be sneaking out at night because he revs it up around one a.m. and then speeds down the street and keeps going around and around the block. The he starts again around five a.m. Since he doesn't want me to sleep, as soon as it warms up I am going to be sitting out there when I know he is due to start his run and see which house he comes out of. Then I am going to report him to the Police Officer for the Elderly Affairs in the community. Seargent Gonzalez. He has been very helpful in the past in addressing any issues we may have.

I am planning on spending the day just doing nothing. Something I do with advanced expertise. Our outdoor temps are in the low 60's. And so far no sunshine. A perfect day to follow my plan. :angel:

She just...asks. It feels kind of intrusive honestly. The hubby's tried to get her to stop asking questions like that and it just fuels her forward more. She's not a very good listener. She'd rather do everything to make her point.

Hubby and I think the best we can do is not mention canning. If the subject does come up anyway and we get a lecture that's it's expensive we just shut up and let her go on but then do as we want. Unfortunately it'd go right over her head that it's my art and my therapy.

Covers, I don't need no stinking covers...

Hubby and I think the best we can do is not mention canning. If the subject does come up anyway and we get a lecture that's it's expensive we just shut up and let her go on but then do as we want. Unfortunately it'd go right over her head that it's my art and my therapy.

I have a couple of people like that in my life, I believe they were sent to test me. :angel:

Sometimes I pass, sometimes I fail! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom