Very sad week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fisher's Mom

Executive Chef
I've been at my mother's house since my brother died on Saturday. He was only 50 but he had 2 heart attacks last year and had been in poor health for a number of years. He was an amputee and had moved in with my mom after my dad died 3 years ago so they could look after each other. It was my mom's biggest fear to find him after he had already passed but sadly, that's what happened. She's completely devastated. My kids and I are her only relatives left aside from her brother. She'll be coming to live with us sometime in the next months - as soon as we can get her packed up. She's lived in her home for over 40 years so it won't be easy for her, especially since she's just lost my brother. If ya'll could add my mom to your thoughts, I'd be really grateful.
Terry

I'm praying for your mom Terry, as well as for you. This is a very hard time for both of you, but it is good that you have each other to go through this with. I'm sorry that this has happened. Remember you can turn to your DC family any time you need us.

:flowers: Barbara

so sad u have had this bad news. does u mom want to move. when my husband was killed, my kids wanted me to move out of the house where it happened. i told them no, that his dad and i were very happy there and i wanted to be able to remember that for a while.

i was right, it really helped the process of grief. i stayed there for two years. then i moved.

so really listen to what your mom wants. she probably knows better than anyone

babe:(:(

Terry, so sorry for all you grief now. You have my thoughts and prayers, as do your family..If there is anything else I could help with in some way..I'm here.
kadesma

oh, I'm so sorry to hear your sad revelations, Terry---how so very sad for your family...of course, we'll keep you in our thoughts and wishes for courage and strength at this time of your brother's death....please lean on us

I've been at my mother's house since my brother died on Saturday. He was only 50 but he had 2 heart attacks last year and had been in poor health for a number of years. He was an amputee and had moved in with my mom after my dad died 3 years ago so they could look after each other. It was my mom's biggest fear to find him after he had already passed but sadly, that's what happened. She's completely devastated. My kids and I are her only relatives left aside from her brother. She'll be coming to live with us sometime in the next months - as soon as we can get her packed up. She's lived in her home for over 40 years so it won't be easy for her, especially since she's just lost my brother. If ya'll could add my mom to your thoughts, I'd be really grateful.
Terry

So sorry to hear about the loss of your brother.:ohmy:

My condolences, thoughts and prayers are with you in this most difficult time. I can truly relate to your devastating experience.

I lost one of mine 3-1/2 years ago to diabetes and alcoholism. He could have lived with the diabetes, but that and alcoholism just don't mix.

I also truly commend your mom as well, and I hope that you both can find
some consoling. God bless.

Oh Terry, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. It's good that your mom is coming to live with you and your family. I'm sure being around the kids will be so good for her. Sending you hugs and peaceful thoughts.

Terry,
Please accept my heartfelt condolences for you and your family for your loss.

To loose family is hard. It is probably difficult for your children to understand.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Andy

Terry I've been wondering where you were lately,
I'm so sorry to hear this!
I am praying for you and your family, sudden losses are terrible.
Hugs to you, we are all here for you.
Suzi

So sorry for your loss Terry and heartfelt sympathy to your mom. There are no words to give your mom to cover her loss. I hope time is a swift healer for your mom, you and yours. Thinking of you.

Just read this and am sorry for your seperation. I won't call it a loss becaus the time between us being with our loved ones here is a temporary time. The time when we will meet them again, after mortality, is forever. But it's still so very hard.

Of course we are here for you. But always remember, your husband, your children, your mother, and your Creator are those who are most important in your life right now, and always. Turn to your Creator to give you the strength and understanding to be there for your mother. Turn to your husband for support and strength, and to your children for the joy they can bring into your life. Share those things with your mother to help her through her sense of loss.

And yes, you are in my prayers.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I am saddened by your and your mother's loss. Our thoughts are with you. Your mom is fortunate to have you for a daughter.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Dave

Miss Terry....I am so sorry to hear this!! Having lost my Mother & My only brother within 9 weeks of each other in 2005...I identify with your loss, and grief. Pray for strength for each day...Give every thing to Him....He will see you through!

{{{{{{Miss Terry}}}}}}} I hope can feel the love of your DC Family everyday!!

Back
Top Bottom