"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-26-2016, 07:08 PM   #11
Sous Chef

Thanks folks!

Today was awesome!!!

Four whole hours, on my feet, non-stop. I got my Colonel and he said that Princess Sunshine came in yesterday, turned her stuff in, and told them I was insane. The Colonel asked why, and she said, "There was a bomb threat, and that b***** didn't even BLINK!"

He replied, "Hmmm. You reckon 25 years in the Army had something to do with that?"

I love this guy! He drives this Hummer that's big enough to have its own zip code with a killer sound system. We yelled at each other over Skynyrd and Led Zeppelin all the way to work and made fun of Princess Sunshine.

After 30 minutes of watching me bouncing back and forth between 8 registers in the self-checkout, he said, "To h*** with this. I'm getting me a chair."

When my break came, I shared sandwiches Cat had made for us in the Hummer. When we finished, he turned off the music, and looked at me.

"You know you're not going to need me much longer, don't you?" he said, almost sadly.

I thought about it. Then I replied, "Maybe not as a VR coach, but if you'd like to be friends after this, it would be an honor, sir."

He slapped my knee and gave a belly laugh that rocked the Hummer and shattered the pavement.

"I like the way you think, lady! Deal?"

"Deal." We shook on it.

He looked at his watch. "Ready?"

"Ready," I answered. "Follow me."

"Gladly."

I get to meet his wife tomorrow! YAY!!

Old 04-26-2016, 10:12 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Sounds like you are on your way CCL. I don't think even one of us ever doubted otherwise. Nov? Didn't your VR set that as the earliest you would be able to return to work? They just don't know your determination.

Pirate has to run errands tomorrow. No promises, but I am going to try and call you on the computer while he is gone. I can shut off the TV then.

Keep up the good work.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:39 PM   #13
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Sounds like you are on your way CCL. I don't think even one of us ever doubted otherwise. Nov? Didn't your VR set that as the earliest you would be able to return to work? They just don't know your determination.

Pirate has to run errands tomorrow. No promises, but I am going to try and call you on the computer while he is gone. I can shut off the TV then.

Keep up the good work.
Thank you! He seems to think I can do more. I will probably be home by 10:00 PM, it is a late schedule.

I hope I don't fail.

Failure may happen but but I'm done with failing. I will push and push to get to .... to the CrazyCatLady all of you used to know.

I bullied my manager to put me on the schedule from 12:00 to 9:00 tomorrow.

I said," Don't pussyfoot with me. Let's try a full schedule."

I am ready! If I fail, I'll learn, if I don't fail, well I didn't fail.

That's pretty simple.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:51 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Vocational Rehab - LOL!

Hilarious, CCL! So glad you got your Colonel back!

And so happy you're doing so well!
Old 04-27-2016, 02:49 AM   #15
Sous Chef

[QUOTE=CrazyCatLady;1464397]I love you! Thanks! ***by the way, holy crapppp!!***

This was back in the 70s. They do some weird things at banks. My operations manager there told me once the police shot and killed a robber at a bank when she was a teller. They chalked an outline, removed the body, and opened for business. People had to walk around the chalk outline.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:33 AM   #16
Sous Chef

[QUOTE=rodentraiser;1464502]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post
I love you! Thanks! ***by the way, holy crapppp!!***

This was back in the 70s. They do some weird things at banks. My operations manager there told me once the police shot and killed a robber at a bank when she was a teller. They chalked an outline, removed the body, and opened for business. People had to walk around the chalk outline.
I've seen that happen outside of a deli. This was in El Paso, TX and boy, that was weird.

There wasn't a body any more. We just looked, and stepped around. I asked the owner what happened, and he said, "Oh, just another dimwit with a gun trying to rob me. You know how it goes."

Yow.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:51 PM   #17
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post

I've seen that happen outside of a deli. This was in El Paso, TX and boy, that was weird.

There wasn't a body any more. We just looked, and stepped around. I asked the owner what happened, and he said, "Oh, just another dimwit with a gun trying to rob me. You know how it goes."

Yow.
And how!
Old 04-28-2016, 03:53 PM   #18
Sous Chef

LOL! People are nuts!
Old 04-30-2016, 02:44 AM   #19
Proud American

I am happy to say of this but Joyce will not have much time to spend here.

Tomorrow she goes to the Walmart for the full timed hours. Her Colonel shall be with her.

I have made of nice lunches and snacks and packed it carefully.

It is as if of looking of a child to go away to of school. I am not sure of this very long seperation but she has promised to call me from the times.

I am not so sure of weakness, for she did of the bomb evacuation well and that stupid lady went away in fear. I am worried of this, she shall be upon her feet for eight hours.

But her Colonel shall make her stop if it is needed, yes? And he shall bring her home. She shall try another day of what does not become of this.

Joyce does love Anna! I can not tear away of Anna from her. But Joyce gives Carl and I much time!

Justin bought of a very small swings set for Anna. She loves this so very much! Anna loves the cats and especially of Lilly, and Joyce throws of cat's toys upon the floor for Anna to throw them away to see the cats to go of chasing them.

We are having of a very lovely time! Anna loved of one of Lilly's toys, it is a singing dog toy called a Deedle Dude. Joyce had extra toys of this, and gave it to Anna!

This is here:

Amazon.com : Multipet Deedle Dude 8-Inch Singing Mouse Plush Dog Toy, Blue : Pet Squeak Toys : Pet Supplies

Anna loves this dog toy! Children are so very funny, yes?

Anna follows Joyce as of an explorer. When we brought her of here, we thought perhaps she may be of frightened, but that was of no consequence. She pounds of the piano, unravvels of the scarves Joyce tries of knitting, eats all of the nice things here and she is being of a horrible child. Carl found of her to be grooming Lilly but of backward. He showed her how to brush of the dog properly.

Joyce said of life. There are three stages, yes? One is being little and forgiven for of little odd things, stage two is of knowing better and of learning to become of as adult, stage three is of living so long one needs to be forgiven of little odd things and be of smiled upon.

She is well.

Carl drove Justin's truck of one day. This is a very large truck!

He said he would rather to walk.

With love,
~Cat
Old 04-30-2016, 03:37 AM   #20
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post

Joyce said of life. There are three stages, yes? One is being little and forgiven for of little odd things, stage two is of knowing better and of learning to become of as adult, stage three is of living so long one needs to be forgiven of little odd things and be of smiled upon.