"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2006, 03:46 PM   #21
Head Chef
Was going to vote later but during an unexpected, but necessary, trip to the dentist passed the polls and there was essentially nobody there.

No one on line, voted in less than 5 minutes, including identification.

Tonite I get to watch them count the votes. I love to watch them do that.

Don't know why but I find it very exciting.

But it does mark the end of the silly season: that period between Labor Day and Election Day when the influx of politcal rhetoric just becomes unbearable to me.

Am a political junkie and love watching the sport, but some times the fray becomes too much for even me.

For those who have not, please exercise you right to vote no matter what your political bent.

Old 11-07-2006, 04:05 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire
Amen, auntdot. I love the punditry and pretensions and insufferable predictions and all of it.

But I absolutely agree with voting - if you don't, don't b#tch about the results.

Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:13 PM   #23
Senior Cook
I voted last week, because I waited in line for over 2 hours for the primary, I couldn't stand the thoughts of that again. The ads have been terrible here, I am so glad that and the answering machine messages are going to be over.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:20 PM   #24
Senior Cook
We just returned from the polls. There definitely is a bigger turnout for this election.
I used the new touch screen for voting. I really liked it. However, one of the workers was assigned to assist voters using this and I understood it a lot better than he. He was just doing his job, but I dd have to ask him to step back so I could vote in private. I promise that I wasn't rude.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:54 PM   #25
Head Chef
Originally Posted by Half Baked
There's alway a 'write in' area for all the offices....put your name in.
True, but that's just a vote thrown away--I don't think bullseye has a chance. (Not even sure I'd vote for him! ) With my option, they'd be forced to come up with some other people who might be better and who had a chance of getting elected.
"To be broke is not a disgrace, it is only a catastrophe." -- Nero Wolfe/Rex Stout
Old 11-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Originally Posted by auntdot
No one on line,
"on" line versus "in" line - this is a tell-tale sign you've been online too much lately!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
Old 11-07-2006, 05:03 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire
LOL, elfie...........

Attention, junkies:
The exit polls and insufferable predictions should be appearing on TV pretty soon.
Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:26 PM   #28
Head Chef
I voted this morning at 10:00am.
Nice turn out, but not overly crowded.
Things went smooth and efficiently at our polling place in spite all of the voting machine controversy here in Baltimore.
I'm glad it's over, now we can finally watch the fighting between parties over the results

"You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand. The things you think are precious I can't understand" STEELY DAN.
Closed Thread