W.G.T.F. Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're right, Kay, haven't seen Cheryl for awhile, hope she's OK, along with all our other peeps that are down.

I've gotten the flu shot for years, and haven't been sick for years, knock on wood.

Hope the several of you bounce back right quick.

No flu here. I had laryngitis several weeks ago. Didn't realize it until the phone rang and all I could do is croak. :LOL:. Then I got the sniffles/ sinuses and that only lasted two -3 days and I was good to go. Campbell's chix noodles soup ( all I had on hand), extra orange juice and tea with honey seemed to do the trick.

Steve (SousChef) has had a really bad cold and I was concerned he was getting the flu but he's on the mend and has been up and around from the start. Since we've only been married 7 years, it's a new learning curve, and I'm learning he's remarkably maintenance free when he's sick. Thank goodness, he didn't have the flu as that will knock anyone on the carpet!

By the way Chief, for the life of me I can't understand what W.G.T.F. Club means?

I've looked in the acronym dictionary and came up with Working Group on Terrorist Financing. I don't think that's right, right? :LOL:

Last edited:
Who's Got The Flu club.

Initially I thought it was something else similar, but then saw it was from Chief. It's G rated.

Last edited:
I had the flu shot in October, flu in December. We were hit hard. I gave Shrek my Tamiflu as I was getting over it, he was about two days after me. Shortened his course with the flu.

Thanks for thinking of me, friends. I think I'm gonna live. LOL

Holy cow, this flu bug kicked my rear big time. Terrible respiratory distress - I don't think I've ever been down as bad from the flu as I was this time. :( I thought with rest and Theraflu to help with the symptoms, that I could kick it without going to the dr., but the middle of last week my fever shot up to 102.5 :ohmy: so I went to urgent care and they gave me some antibiotics. Still a little on the weak side, but getting back to normal.

I think the worst part of it was not being able to see any of my grandchildren during their Christmas vacation, like we had planned. :(

Anyhow, thanks again for thinking of me....sure hope those of you who have had it are recovering, and those of you who haven't, don't get it!

Happy New Year, everyone! :)

Well that's a drag, Cheryl, glad you're feeling better. Happy New Year, and hopefully you'll get to see those grandkids again soon, when you're healthy!

If I went into work with the flu, I would be sent home. Coming to work (knowingly) contagious is against our company policy.

As it should be. People that take the flu or any other contagious illness to the workplace or any gathering of people is just plain silly, or they have a man complex that does not allow for illness to interfere with their life saving work that only they can perform. :LOL:
Unfortunately i know plenty companies that would publicly tell you to stay home, while writing up your warning or pink slip while you are recovering.

I'm so sorry there are so many sick with the flu! I hear that this years flu shot isn't as effective as they had hoped, but it would still help with the severity of symptoms.
Did you all have flu shots, and got it anyway?
Passing around bowls of chicken soup...

We both got the shot and i am not sure if we got a watered down version of the flu or not.
But both of us have not been the same since Thanksgiving. I have had cold like symptoms for weeks now with some stomach issues. So has my wife.
I always blame it on the grand kids as it seems every time they visit I get sick.

One last thing.
Many people say they have or have had the flu virus. Did your doctor send blood samples to the lab and then report it to the CDC?
If not, you may not have had the flu at all. The word "Flu" is used to much when it should be reserved for actual flu cases.
I know lots of folks with the flu. 99% of them are sick with colds or other viral infections. Not the flu. It seems anytime someone gets ill during flu season, its automatically flu when its not.

Someone mention antibiotics. Antibiotics do nothing for flu. They do nothing for viral infections. Over use a antibiotics is as bad as not having any to provide those who actually need them.

I have seen my doctor many times over the last several years for illness that could be cold, flu, or other aliment and he NEVER prescribes antibiotics. Unless he is 100% sure you have a bacterial infection, he knows better than to give you antibiotics.
Its a waste of money and resources including making antibiotics less effective for the people that actually need them.

Last edited:
Flu will kick your butt. You can function and be upright with a cold, not with flu. I haven't gotten the flu since I started getting the shots, but since the strain has mutated this year and the shots aren't as effective, I was really worried after being hacked on while on that plane. DH and I are lucky, no flu.

Flu will kick your butt. You can function and be upright with a cold, not with flu. I haven't gotten the flu since I started getting the shots, but since the strain has mutated this year and the shots aren't as effective, I was really worried after being hacked on while on that plane. DH and I are lucky, no flu.

I agree Dawg, even really resilient people can't function with the actual flu unless the kids and husband has it too.

I get a kick out of that commercial with the dad who says "Sorry Dave, I have to take a sick day tomorrow" and the camera pans to Dave standing in his crib. :LOL: Stay at home Mom's/Dad's don't get sick days.

Yeah, Kayelle, I sure feel for all the sick moms having to take care of their sick families. Also, for all the teachers and other educators who get hacked on, sneezed on, and boogered on by sick students. That was always a fun time!

Influenze can be diagnosed by a nasal swab, you don't have to draw a blood sample. Influenza A was the strain in the facility, reported to the Public Health Department who reports to the CDC. They quit testing after the first ten resident/employee positives, (it's quit expensive for the facility) and offered Tamiflu to residents and staff. I was in the first wave, came down very sick on Friday night, too sick on Saturday to leave the house and doing better on Monday. By then I was good enough to work even though I was still miserable. Same as always, those of us who were not dying were working to cover for those that were wanting to die.

Yeah, Kayelle, I sure feel for all the sick moms having to take care of their sick families. Also, for all the teachers and other educators who get hacked on, sneezed on, and boogered on by sick students. That was always a fun time!

Don't forget puked on...or in the vicinity of. :sick: :ermm::LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom