"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-21-2006, 12:06 PM   #11
Master Chef

i'm excellent at setting aside my own knowledge & learning a new way.

i'm great at saying, 'you were right & i was wrong.' i make a point of doing so if necessary.

another thing i'm great at- thinking of other people before or at the same time as i'm thinking of myself- leaving room on the bus for the elderly by letting them ahead of me, holding doors for students i see struggling with books and chef's tools and uniforms, cause i know i appreciate it when someone does the same for me, a little smile in the direction of someone who looks at me, nods of respect to certain people, all of these sorts things.

i'm also really great at choosing & combining color/pattern for outfits/ apt. decor. stuff kind of like that.

Old 01-21-2006, 12:40 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs_food
another thing i'm great at- thinking of other people before or at the same time as i'm thinking of myself- leaving room on the bus for the elderly by letting them ahead of me, holding doors for students i see struggling with books and chef's tools and uniforms, cause i know i appreciate it when someone does the same for me, a little smile in the direction of someone who looks at me, nods of respect to certain people, all of these sorts things.
That is a great thing to be good at. I do the same. Now that we have two kids I really appreciate it when someone helps me with the door or picking something up that Aidan dropped. I usually have him by the hand and Callum I'm carrying in his car seat so it is a big help when someone does something little like that for me. What goes around comes around right luvs?

I'm also good at spending a lot of time of dc, something we are all guilty of right?

Old 01-21-2006, 01:33 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
no arguements about pdswife post. she's just stating the obvious.

i am also toe-dextrous. it totally creeps my wife out. my hero is christy brown.

other than that, i'm not sure what i'm good at (certainly not engrish). it's all relative, and changes with time.

Thank you bucky!

You're a great dad and you are super great at
making us all laugh! Thank you for that! Laughter is a wonderful gift.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:08 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
You're a great dad and you are super great at
making us all laugh! Thank you for that! Laughter is a wonderful gift.
I couldn't agree more pds!
Old 01-21-2006, 06:18 PM   #15
Traveling Welcome Wagon

hmmmmm. Well, here is the good, the bad, and the ugly:

I, also, can pick things up with my toes!

I can clap with one hand (using either one)--the kids at school love to see me do this! (We saw a guy do this on Johnny Carson one night, and I said, "What's the big deal?" My dad said, "Yeah right, can you do it?" and I answered, "Yeah, I thought everyone could do that."--I really did think everyone could. My mom and dad were very surprised when I showed them that I could! I've had one student who could.).

If I do say so myself, I am an excellent seamstress.

On a spiritual gifts test, I learned that my top spiritual gift is wisdom--I am pretty good at giving advice to people who are having problems.

I am the world's best procrastinator. (Not a good thing!)

I'm pretty good at making people laugh (especially in person).

To go along with being a seamstress, I am very good at picking just the right fabrics for a dress or outfit (harder than you'd think--some people just don't have a clue).

I'm pretty good at writing limericks.

One really bad thing--I'm very good at speaking first and thinking later.

Like Joani, I am a Pollyanna most of the time.

I can find just about anything anyone wants to know about anything online pretty quickly (I'm sure that is true of just about everyone here, but I have a lot of friends who are totally lost when it comes to finding information).

My husband-picking skills definitely got better over the years!

And last but not least, eye speel reel gud! (Seriously, I have always thought spelling is important, but to keep me grounded God has blessed me with one of the world's worst spellers as a husband!--Maidrite isn't reading this is he? Sorry Honey Bunny! He is actually getting a lot better).

Barbara
Old 01-21-2006, 08:02 PM   #16
Senior Cook

I am a really great artist, am pretty good at memorizing car stats from magazines, and can repeat my favorite movies word-for-word.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:48 PM   #17
Senior Cook

While my daughters say I am REALLY good at running my mouth, I would say that I am really good at always wanting to be better than I am. I think this is a pretty good thing to be good at cuz-HEY, I'LL NEVER BE BORED!!! Oh, and while I also love ( oh do I ever love) to eat excellent food, I also am unmatched in the "let's just relax and do nothing" department! yep, absolutely unbeatable!
Old 01-21-2006, 09:52 PM   #18
Sous Chef

I can wiggle my ears.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:59 PM   #19
Executive Chef

When I meet someone new, I can tell within a sec. if I like him (or her) or not.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:39 PM   #20
Head Chef

I'm really good with animals; I'm a good friend; dh says I'm a good wife and being Grandma seems to come naturally...what a joy! I'm good at tatting and needlework and crafts.

I am, however, one of those people who have NO gift for choosing fabrics!