"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-06-2006, 05:18 PM   #31
Master Chef

I too have occasions with sleepwalking and have very active dreams. I've found myself having numerous dreams a night. I can always tell the next morning if it was an endless stream of negative dreams as I'll wake up totally exhausted or with the blues. I love it when the dreams are upbeat and funny......I dreamt last night my nephew had this really fat dog and I was so shocked when I saw it.....it'd just had pups and it belly was swaying......it stood up on its hind legs and got a big grin on its face and started twisting its own nipples............I kid you not . I woke up laughing.
Anyway back to the sleepwalking. I find it happens when I've been under a great deal of stress or when my dreams take me into a very very deep sleep.

P. S. If your modest I suggest you keep your undies on.......don't want to give the neighbors a peep show incase you decide to go for a walk.....

Old 11-06-2006, 11:40 PM   #32
Master Chef

One time a freind saw me at the library, and saw the stack of books I was checking out (I read 3-5 books/week). He said, "you must have some amazing dreams!" I never made the connection, but on top of talking in my sleep (occaisionally screaming), I do have very, very vivid dreams. I do NOT belive they mean anything. Since, at this point in my life, I do not have to go to work, I just let everything settle naturally (i.e., I dont take any drugs for my insomnia/nightmares, I just get up and write to you guys and everyone else!). I don't believe dreams have any meaning. If I did, I'd be in an insane assylum. When I have horrid nightmares, my husband just gently wakes me and I go back to sleep. Haven't walked for many years (and let's hope it stays that way!).

Old 11-07-2006, 01:10 AM   #33
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I sleepwalked a lot when I was a kid. Once my mom said I came in the livingroom with my bedspread over my head and said, "Trick-or-treat." When I was about 14 my dad and I used to go jogging together in the evenings. They said that one night I walked to the front door, opened it, said "Oh I forgot my tennis shoes," and went back to bed. I talk in my sleep too. I don't think I have sleepwalked in years but I do get night terrors. Some of them have been pretty mild but some have scared me half to death. During one of my last ones I thought I saw James standing over me in a threatening manner. He was actually asleep, until I whacked him really hard (to protect myself) and woke him up! Poor guy.

Not to scare you, but sleepwalking can be bad. I heard about one guy who sleepwalked and got on a train. My uncle dove out a second story window in his sleep. He landed on concrete but fortunately all he ended up with was a broken wrist.

Barbara