What did Santa bring you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
You knew this was coming:mrgreen: So, whatcha get??

Of course I got my camera early:rolleyes: and the boys got me "The Longest Yard" and "Madagascar" and a glass etched fish on a stand. I have ocean stuff in my curio cabinet.

a new bowling ball, a tabletop water fountain, some candy, and my mp3 player i got in november was part of my christmas.

My wonderful MIL gave me a 10 qt pressure cooker! I'm gonna be playing alot! It's an All American and I'm tickeled beyond pink!

I got a Panasonic DVD Recorder and the first 2 volumes of "Are You Being Served?" :mrgreen:

My Mom has one of those tabletop fountains and she loves it. It's an old tin watering can with a water spigot that looks like it's floating in the air pouring water into the can :mrgreen: My sister got it at Cracker Barrel for her birthday a few years back.

~ Raven ~

Well, Corazon definitely got the cutest Christmas gift!

We haven't gotten our package from my daughter, dad, and sister yet, so we will have more to open later. :cool:

From my Mom-away-from-home we got a GE Deluxe Chopper. From friends we got various goodies, such as a zen garden, beef jerky, mugs and hot chocolate, and bath stuff.

I didn't have any money to buy gifts, so poor James only got a Stress Shooter thing from me (an "executive" toy to shoot when feeling stressed. lol). His friend gave him the 1st season of Lost in Space on DVD and me the 3rd season of Little House on the Prairie (I already have the 1st, 2nd, and 9th).

James gave me the movies "Because of Winn-Dixie" and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," and the 1st and 2nd seasons of Gilligan's Island on DVD, and the 1st season of The Waltons.

We should have plenty to watch for awhile!

:) Barbara

My parents gave me a Waring Pro Food Slicer and from my brother I got a screwdriver set and a tool case for my tools. The last time he came over to fix something he asked me for a screwdriver and I did not have one. And then I could not find another tool that he needed. Now I can store and find them all in one place.

Well Santa brought me some gifts, but tomorrow we celebrate Chanukah with my family so there is more to come. Today I got a bunch of things, but the highlights were two books.

The first is:
Rachael Ray
356: No Repeats

I have looked at her cookbooks before and even though I have made a few of her recipes and loved them, I have never been impressed with her cookbooks. This one however looks great! It is a different concept from the normal cookbook. It is not broken down into sections like Soups, Chicken, Beef, Etc. It is a collection of 366 (for leap year) recipes so you can start at the beginning and work your way through the book and have a different meal every day of the year. The recipes look awesome too. I got to about page 130ish before I found a recipe I did not want to make.

The other book I got is On Food And Cooking by Harold McGee. I have wanted this book for a long time and I am so happy my MIL remembered that :)

Yup, Barb and Middie are right. Corazon wins the prize for Best Christmas Gift Ever! PA comes in a very close second but that's only because it was an early present! :cool: Myself, I got what I wanted! Port Wine cheese, summer sausage and crackers. I had also asked for a nice scarf and leave it to Mom, she's knitting one for me with baby Alpaca, natural color. Sweet. Gotta love Moms! :mrgreen:

corazon90 said:
I just can't help myself...I got this for x-mas!:mrgreen:

Aww, precious child! What a gift! You are so blessed.

My husband gave some cash to spend on myself, and IOU for a new fridge, which we are going to get next week, and I got thoughtfull gifts from the kids, who worry about me. My daughter got me a pampered chef chopper, because she was worried about me cutting myself. (I do it pretty regularly.) My step-daughter got me some flexible silicone bakeware because she is worried about me burning myself. (I do that pretty often, too.) I also got a Betty Crocker "Celebrate" cookbook, that has menus and recipes for various holidays. I've already spotted an "Irish Cream Pie" made with Bailey's and a chocolate crumb crust that looks amazing.

The best gift was the company of my loved ones. Even though one was missing who should have been here, I found joy in the ones who were.

wasabi said:
3 extra pounds

My darling Wasabi, if you've only gained three pounds during the Holiday Season so far, slap on Hawaiian Tropics and waltz down the beach! Look at the rest of us! Cold, pasty and on my part, doughy. Just speaking for me, of course! :rolleyes: I'm sure you're doing fine! :mrgreen:

DampCharcoal said:
. I had also asked for a nice scarf and leave it to Mom, she's knitting one for me with baby Alpaca, natural color. Sweet. Gotta love Moms! :mrgreen:

some poor little baby alpaca out there is freezing it's butt off, thanks to mom damp!!! unless........ say it ain't so. they sheer alpacas, don't they? please tell me it's not another disturbing childhood episode of bambi?
damp, i hope you poke your eye out with that scarf. or at least get an itchy rash!!!

lol, just teasing buddy, merry christmas, and hugs to your mom. and yes, moms are great. my mom knitted dw a scarf as well this year.

for me, santa left 2 cookbooks ("lidia's italian american kitchen", and "roasting", by rodney dunn), an oxo-good grips mandoline, a large, carry around tool box so all of my hammers and screwdrivers don't end up in junk drawers and bedside tables (women!:rolleyes: sheesh!), a pair of craftsman automotive work gloves, hickory chips for flavoring charcoal, norwegian blackberry preserves, some nice sweaters, a framed picture of my parents, and a bunch of baby kisses throughout the day from my son. he was pretty generous with them to my parents also.

guess which was my favorite present?

(i still haven't gotten the train set, dolphins, or world peace...:( )

Ahhhh Cora!!!! What a cutie! I bet you're going to have a ton of fun with him. Enjoy every second!

My list is way toooo long to type out but
my most favorites... lots of new snowmen, fishing pole and tackle box,
and a writing tablet for my computer! It's so cool!

Back
Top Bottom