"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-13-2006, 12:10 AM   #21
Executive Chef

My day was half relaxing. The morning was peaceful with lots of tea. I did make it to sit on the porch and read my novel while Callum played with his toys and the rain poured down. Ah, I love that.

I did laundry all day. It's still going downstairs and I probably have enough to do another load but I am quitting for today. I must have done at least 6 loads.

dh & Aidan came home, made messes and created noise. They played "punk dad" a super tickling game, then dh went off to his martial arts class.

Made a gourmet dinner of life cereal. Aidan had ww noodles, apple & chicken. Gave my Callum fish a bath and put them both to bed. dh just pulled up and we're going to watch a movie. Gonna have some more tea and some well deserved chocolate. Night all. See you tomorrow.

Old 07-13-2006, 01:57 AM   #22
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to erinmself
Yesterday I slept in, chatted with a friend online for a while, went to work out, went to a briefing for the job I am hopefully going to get, went to the store, came home and cooked pizza for dinner, went back to the store because I forgot some things, came home and experimented with a new dish for my hubby to repllace mac n cheese with hot dogs so that it is lower in calories (success!), talked on the phone with my mom for a while and went to bed.

Erin
erinmself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:24 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Actually had work to do all day, beginning at 6 a.m.

Whipped off a couple of editing jobs (we'll see how the authors react to me changing their stuff) and even had to curtail my lunch hour to get the last one done on schedule.

Short lunch hour meant I got to leave 30 minutes early - yay!

Now, still trying to catch up with all the interesting discussions that went on here while I was out of town.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:00 PM   #24
Master Chef

new day, what i did today?
woke, had 6 or 7 drinks, had a meal, slept.
re-woke,
spoke to a nurse, also to my company that manufactures my feeding tubes, cried for a few, had reflux, was to watch my pal's baby yet she didn't have her appt., fed my felines a few x (fluffing 'em to thier previous 14.5 & 16.5 lbs., cause thier Grandma & Pap may well have gone & starved my babies during thier summer vacation. thier Grandparents borrowred my fluffkins for awhile, despite thier own 6 felines, & those felines were returned to me rather thin in my opinion).
other than that, to my shower, then cosmetics, etc.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:05 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Let's see... I got up made coffee, breakfast and Paul's lunch.
Loaded and emptied the dishwasher, did a load of clothes, swept
the kitchen floor, emtied the garbage, fed and watered the chickens and the kitty cat, made David some chicken noodle soup and some rice crispy treats, checked my email, did some paper work and now I'm going to take an afternoon nap.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:29 PM   #26
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I ran a couple of errands this morning after breakfast. When I got home, I gave the dog a bath, washed 2 loads of laundry, & ran the dishwasher again. I'll be glad when school starts back, I'll have less dirty dishes!!
Old 07-13-2006, 06:44 PM   #27
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs
new day, what i did today?
woke, had 6 or 7 drinks, had a meal, slept.
re-woke,
spoke to a nurse, also to my company that manufactures my feeding tubes, cried for a few, had reflux, was to watch my pal's baby yet she didn't have her appt., fed my felines a few x (fluffing 'em to thier previous 14.5 & 16.5 lbs., cause thier Grandma & Pap may well have gone & starved my babies during thier summer vacation. thier Grandparents borrowred my fluffkins for awhile, despite thier own 6 felines, & those felines were returned to me rather thin in my opinion).
other than that, to my shower, then cosmetics, etc.
Feeding tubes?
Old 07-13-2006, 09:31 PM   #28
Executive Chef

I'm looking back at my day today and wondering what I did all day?

Got up, did more laundry
Drank some tea
took a shower
tried to put Aidan down for a nap but he tried hard but just wasn't sleepy
Made red chile
Destroyed the kitchen
Ran to the store
Helped dh pack up for his and Aidan's overnight camping trip. Aidan was so excited, getting to sleep outside in a tent.
Callum napped, then pounded on the keyboard
And now I'm off to either make dinner or clean.
I plan on having a lovely relaxing night though. As soon as Callum is down, I'm off the clock, I don't care if the house is clean or not.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #29
Master Chef

'tis kinda as if my days get sleepy & nod off, with me nodding away, too, then it's a new one.
so, i had a really stuffed day & i shan't condense.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:24 AM   #30
Master Chef

Whew! Tis a new day according to my clock on this computer..........thank God!

-Usual morning routine first thing...........not going to retype all that .
-Made Dill a bowl of cereal..........I skipped BK as I wasn't hungry
-Played around on the computer a bit
-I texturized my south kitchen wall yesterday.........previously did the west and north so today I did my painting of a base color and then a lighter version dry ragged over it to bring out the texture. It a texture that gives an old world effect. However, in the kitchen I did a brighter color of a goldie yellow. Previously in the Bathroom I did a brownish color and it looks like suede. When I was painting the walls I realized I needed to touch up the outer edges of the ceiling.
-Cleaned the kitchen then rearranged all my pretties. I'd moved out my Hoosier Cabinet and Pantry and put in a kitchen table last week but decided to switch them back as we don't eat in the kitchen much and prefer the ajoining dining room. Besides the table just overwhelmed the room.
-Sat down finally and ate supper ..........orded pizza and salad.
-Went out to the garden and discovered a funny shaped cucumber and thought I'd take it over to one of my best friends and give it to her.
-Ran to the store for toliet paper and juice.......what a combination .
-Went to Debbies and gave her the cucumber........we got a good laugh out of it.
-Came home and sat on the couch and watched DH and youngest wrestle and I watched some t.v.
-Grabbed me a Miller Lite........I deserved one....Came upstairs to use DH computer as everyone else is asleep. So here I am and like I said the day came and went and its officially a new day. So I guess tomorrow I should start out that I grabbed me a Miller Lite