What do you do to winterize your home?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't forget to have your furnace cleaned out before the cold starts. A dirty furnace and cost you a lot more in heating costs and keep your home from warming up to its full potential. It can also be a fire hazard.

I also make sure we have tons or warm cloths and blankets and plenty of hot chocolate. Nothing like snuggling on the couch with a warm beverage and a cutie next to you under a warm soft blanket :cool:

Alix said:
OMG, so NOT true. I live in Alberta where our average winter temp is about -25C which translates to -13F. I just don't do anything in particular to prep for winter. I like to stick my head in the sand and ignore it until I can't back the car down the driveway.

She's not telling the truth. Check this out (paragraph 12).

http://www.canada.com/edmonton/edmontonjournal/features/albertacentennial/story.html?id=267c6379-b7cc-4743-b2a7-0adef55423df

Winter, schminter.:mrgreen:

(brought to you by Tourism Edmonton.)

So sorry! Actually we do have to bring some of the plants into the garden house when the temps really drop. Take it easy, I bet you don't have year round bugs there!!!:huh:

So Ken my darling...what did I lie about? The fact that I don't do any winterizing? Or the temperature? You better not try to tell me you think it is usually warmer here in the winter. I will hide your longjohns before the Western Final if you try that.

Alix said:
So Ken my darling...what did I lie about? The fact that I don't do any winterizing? Or the temperature? You better not try to tell me you think it is usually warmer here in the winter. I will hide your longjohns before the Western Final if you try that.

That's OK, the Western Final is indoors this year anyway.:-p

Back
Top Bottom