What is your Dream house?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which one would you choose?

• Log cabin on a private lake at the bottom of a mountain

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Mansion on the ocean

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • 2 story brick in the city

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Rock house in the country {Thomas Kincade style}

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Skyscraper penthouse suite

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

texasgirl

Master Chef
If you were given the choice of these houses free and clear, which one would you pick?

Mine would be a log cabin with the private lake at the bottom of the mountain. That is my dream.....HEY, nothing wrong with dreaming:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Mansion on the beach for me. I love the ocean. Living that close in any sort of house would be a dream come true for me.

img_212752_0_f5c2b9bf1c22092ff7cd268f66be89fe.gif
Log Cabin on a private lake at the bottom of a mountain~

Since I was a Lil' Girl I wanted to have a Lake House~
My email address could then be : "InTexasWeJustHollar.com":LOL:

TexasTamale said:
img_212799_0_f5c2b9bf1c22092ff7cd268f66be89fe.gif
Log Cabin on a private lake at the bottom of a mountain~

Since I was a Lil' Girl I wanted to have a Lake House~
My email address could then be : "InTexasWeJustHollar.com":LOL:

I knew I like you!!:mrgreen:

It's quite a toss up for me between the mansion on the beach and the penhouse apartment. I also love old Victorian homes, the more peaks and spindles the better. But if I truly was given the choice, I would pick a gorgeous house on the Pacific in BC. The type that are deisnged in that modern "west coast" style, with lots of tall ceilings, a deck and a big yard. Where I could see the ocean close up, and be nestled among the pines. This has been my dream house for my enire life.

Last edited:
licia said:
who was the other person who likes a rock house?
Me licia,:LOL:
I love Thomas Kincaide, but I love living in the country more. I was a city girl born and raised. Got married, and my first son got to be about 4 and the next thing I knew we had a horse!! Well city living does not allow for a horse in the back yard, sooo we bought 10 acres and a teeny tiny little house, then came 3 more kids the house was about to burst and we had horses and cattle and 2 dogs and a cat, time to move, so we sold a part of the 10 acres, leaving us with 8 and1/2 and built a home at the other end of the property. We are still here today, but, city is coming closer and closer..I'd love to look at another parcel farther out..I'm not anti-social, I just like trees, fields of corn, alfalfa, pasture of cattle and sheep, and lots of quiet:LOL: .
our street has become a speed way for folks shortcutting to a mall about 3 miles away, speed limit 45, cars going at least 80:glare: Long answer to a simple question...
kadesma:)

It wouldn't have to be a mansion, but I would love a house on the beach! I would also love the log cabin on the lake, so I would have to have at least 2 houses! I would also like the stone house in the country, and I have to admit, the penthouse also appeals to me!

:) Barbara

I start to think about all the help that would be needed with a big house. It seems we never get everything done at the farm and just as we make some progress, it is time to come home and work with things here. I don't like to have anyone outside helping me with my housework, but I don't think it will be long before I must reconsider that. After being at the farm for a week I've had a really bad back ache and only working out it the warm water yesterday has helped. If money and help were no problem, I suppose I would enjoy a place at the beach also (until hurricane season). I'm quite content with our 5 acres in the country. We are thinking about deeding a portion ( a lot, perhaps) to our grandaughter to build a house. She could use the help and we could use the company.

I agree with Barb, mansion is a bit too exaggerated, but I would looooove to live in a cute spanish/mediterranean style house (with orange brick roof, whitewashed wall, arched columns and large windows) right on the ocean, like the ones I have seen along the andalucian coast.

It also has to have a nice garden, personalised super kitchen, fully equiped homegym and DIY room, dual computer studio and a jacuzzi!!

If not, I would also vote for a Kinkadesque country cottage with full of flowers and little stream in the garden!!

Izzy he is an artist, also known as "the painter of lights", as he expresses them so well. He is famous for painting beautiful scenery with quaint cottages, gardens and country scenes. This is one of the typical of his paintings and the houses which are often seen in his work.

img_213095_0_5684a1b956e3168384fb630b81420f9e.jpg

Wow, hard choice, if I was to dream, then might as well have all of the above, you know one for summer, one for winter, then vacation, then when I'd have one to invite my friends just for a drink,... oh darn, why did you have to go wake me up, it was such a nice dream. Growing up in studio appartment, in Soviet Union, I dream about all kind of big, nice houses all the time. And with every dream house gets biger, I think I am up to about 10,000 square feet on a 25 acre lot by now.

Mansion on the beach sounds just like the thing for me. A cabin by the lake creates fear in me...too many scary movies I guess and I have never really been in one.So for me is Sun, Sand and Mansion oh and someone to do all the cleaning around, while I cook for my family and friends after everyday on the beach!

Back
Top Bottom