What is your favourite Christmas Song/Carol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No question, requiring no thought for me at all.

First, let me say that I was told, many years ago, that I could not have any children. Stubborn Irish that I am, that was an unacceptable answer. However, after lots of unusual, painful and expensive avenues, I did conceive and my first child was born on December 5, 1970.

The Christmas song that means the world to me is Barbra Streisand's The Best Gift and makes me cry every time. Shawn was the very best Christmas gift I could have ever been given. I'm crying now, but tears of joy.

You made me cry along with you Katie. I've never heard that song before, but I was born three days before Christmas and my Mama always said I was her best gift. I had 43 Christmas's with her and after all these years, my thankful thoughts are always with her on my birthday.

That sounds like so much fun :)
A friend sent me a video of a woman in Oragon who was shopping in the mall. She started singing Carols and soon had the whole mall singing along with her it was goose bump making at close to the end a woman and her dh and their baby came out like Mary,Joseph and baby Jesus, I must say that it was a tear maker
for me.It is said things like this make people gather round and it's something they never forget.

kades

Last edited:
A friend sent me a video of a woman in Oragon who was shopping in the mall. She started singing Carols and soon had the whole mall singing along with her it was goose bump making at close to the end a woman and her dh and their baby came out like Mary,Joseph and baby Jesus, I must say that it was a tear maker
for me.It is said things like this make people gather round and it's something they never forget.

kades

It was a flash mob :) Two years old but still beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnt7euRF5Pg

This morning I heard a childrens' choir sing "Let There Be Peace On Earth" and it was so beautiful. The words have real meaning. :angel:

Mine would have to be Carol of the Bells and anything Christmas by Manheim Steamroller.

My favorite version!

Love Mannheim Steamroller, hard to believe I've been listening to them for over 20 years. I was able to meet Chip Davis when the first album came out, he was running around promoting his new label: American Gramaphone. To think, the song that made him famous was "Old Home Fill 'er Up and Keep On a Truckin' Cafe" in a local spot for Old Home bread out of Oklahoma. Chip Davis and crew were C.W.McCall.

My favorite version!

Love Mannheim Steamroller, hard to believe I've been listening to them for over 20 years. I was able to meet Chip Davis when the first album came out, he was running around promoting his new label: American Gramaphone. To think, the song that made him famous was "Old Home Fill 'er Up and Keep On a Truckin' Cafe" in a local spot for Old Home bread out of Oklahoma. Chip Davis and crew were C.W.McCall.

You mean of "Convoy" fame?

You mean of "Convoy" fame?

Yes. C.W.McCall was a construct, about 5 guys in a studio making music. When trucking songs grew passé, American Gramophone was born and Mannheim Steamroller came to light. No more making music spots for commercials.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom