"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-19-2015, 06:45 PM   #13751
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Cold and windy again today. It's mid May fer Pete's sake! I've been putting off planting my seeds.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:49 PM   #13752
Chef Extraordinaire

Sorry, Dawg! I saw that there's a frost warning in Michigan, where my in-laws live Our high temperature was 87F today. I have zucchini four inches long :woot: I just wish we would get some rain. It keeps going north or south of us.

Old 05-20-2015, 04:59 PM   #13753
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I am frozen solid. It's finally almost up to 50F here along the river, and the rain has stopped.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:45 PM   #13754
Chef Extraordinaire

Our temperature has been in the 50's all day. And looking at the next ten days, we are supposed to hit 70 degrees for a couple of days and one day of 80 degrees. The rest of the time the temperature will be in the 50's. So being the brilliant people that they are, they turned off the heat and turned on the A/C today. I just love living with idiots. So I turned on the oven for one hour tonight in order to get some warmth in my apartment.

Right now I am very tired and cranky, so off to bed I go. Tomorrow my apartment is going to be inspected.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:47 PM   #13755
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What is your weather like right now?

It's 64F, the pool is open, and I hear kids up there splashing around. I have a jacket on and am still freezing my scrawny butt off. Black flies have now joined the gnats, ticks, and mosquitoes! Gotta love life in the woods here along the river!
Old 05-31-2015, 09:17 PM   #13756
Executive Chef

We have had our air conditioning running all week but after the rain today it got really chilly and I had to have a jacket on. I prefer not needing the air conditioner or the furnace.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:28 AM   #13757
Master Chef

Rain! Blessed rain! On and off over the last 24 hours. Downpours at times, too, with thunder and lightening. Before the rains, we had temps in the low 80s. Tonight? Last I checked it was below 50. Won't be much higher for Monday and Tuesday highs. Seriously thinking about turning the thermostat to "heat" again, and set the temp for 62 or 63, "just in case"...
Old 06-01-2015, 07:15 AM   #13758
Chef Extraordinaire

It is still raining off and on and the temp hasn't risen about 48F. Cold, damp and raw. Miserable weather.

I want to get my hands on the idiot that complained about the heat and wanted the AC on. Didn't they know we are always looking for frost right up to and including May 31st?

Oh dear, please put some happy thoughts in my heart today! If I wasn't so cold, I would hunt down that miserable person and put them out of my misery.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:13 AM   #13759
Senior Cook

Hot and muggy here in central pa.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:29 AM   #13760
Chef Extraordinaire

I took a look at our forecast. Rain, rain and more rain until at least 9 p.m. Tuesday night. Looks like I will be staying inside for the next day or two. It is so raw and windy out right now. I went down to get my mail and was just stand at the door looking out. I could feel the cold right through the thick double pane door. Right now I have the oven on. There is a vent under the back burner that allows the heat from the oven to escape. I have it set of 225F. So the oven goes off and on. It is keeping my apartment at an even 70F. I have a heavy really thick flannel nightgown. I am not going to take it off. Short of wearing my coat in my apartment, it is the warmest article of clothing that I own right now. So it is either the coat, stay in bed under two blankets all day or the nightgown. The nightgown won.