"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-05-2016, 11:41 AM   #14211
Executive Chef

If it would stop raining we might be able to see what the weather's like

Although I'm in the north west of England and despite the heavy rainfall, we are lucky not to have been affected by the horrendous floods that have struck Lancashire, Yorkshire and Cumbria. Some of those places have been really badly hit, some repeatedly.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:48 AM   #14212
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Good morning! It's 54f here at 8:26am and pouring down rain! I will be going out later. I need to find and dust off my umbrella, and find some shoes that aren't sandals.
The SC just added up the rain we collected in our rain gauge for 2015 and it was more than I thought..11.17 inches total. Time for a new chart for 2016. It will be interesting to see how much we get with El Nino upon us this year.
Too late to edit.. Our total rainfall at our house last year was 7.0 inches. A normal year is 15"

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:58 AM   #14213
Master Chef

Glad I patched up several areas of my roof last week. Hope they hold up.....especially if you don't know exactly where the rain water is entering from.
Raining now, and expecting good rain totals this week.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:20 PM   #14214
Master Chef

I'm sure glad I had my roof repaired last year too, RF, when a big windstorm blew a good sized patch of shingles off. We don't have but a couple of roofers here in this small town, and now I don't have to worry about the roof when the heavy rains come.

It rained here last night but had quit by the time I woke up - the rain you all are having down south is headed this way and is expected to hit this afternoon. It's going to be a wet week, that's for sure.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:30 PM   #14215
Master Chef

LOL It's so freeking exciting for the three of us to have some weather to talk about. My Tues. morning "lunch bunch" canceled.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:04 PM   #14216
Master Chef

My business suffers when it rains like this but on the other hand I feel happy and cozy all over... I love to just stare out the window when it's raining... I stopped at TJ's on my way to work this morning and picked up some tea bags and snacks so I can cozy up by the front window with them..
Old 01-05-2016, 01:06 PM   #14217
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
LOL It's so freeking exciting for the three of us to have some weather to talk about. My Tues. morning "lunch bunch" canceled.
It is, isn't it? Sunshine 300 days a year sounds nice, but doesn't leave much for weather conversation.

Probably a good idea to cancel your lunch, just to be on the safe side.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:12 PM   #14218
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
It is, isn't it? Sunshine 300 days a year sounds nice, but doesn't leave much for weather conversation.

Probably a good idea to cancel your lunch, just to be on the safe side.
Exactly. People in these parts have little driving in the rain experience. Wow, it's just pouring down..1.6 inches in the last 3 hrs.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:28 PM   #14219
Cook

10F when the kids got on the school bus this morning......kinda chilly. Plenty of sunshine right now but it's still cold at 23F.......I think I'll stay indoors....
Old 01-05-2016, 01:44 PM   #14220
Master Chef

Whoa....cold there where you are, Marc!
Kay, wow, over an inch so far...!

RF...I LOVE to sit by the window and watch the rain, too. My retired neighbors across the street open their garage door, park themselves on lawn chairs in the garage, and watch it rain while they're having their coffee.