What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Smokey. You knew it was coming. Enjoy, and remember all thoses 100 degree days with 1,000% humidity. As a former Omahan I can get away with saying that. LOL

OK, you got me Dave. Yes, I knew it was coming. But for whatever reason, I still cannot get used to it. You would think with 48 Nebraska winters under my belt, it would be easier!!

I can't help but notice its always the "former" Omahan's who seem to put the positive spin on things!! :LOL:

I hope your staying warm enough out there in Southern Cali Dave!!;)

It just stopped snowing, I had to do the driveway by hand, since the snow-thrower is iced up. My DW is really mad at me right now, I don't have a garage or shed so I needed to bring the snow-thrower inside to thaw out a little and clean the plug. I have to get it running before Sunday's incoming Nor-Easter which can be up to 20" of snow.

I guess I will be a little more diligent with routine maintenance on it from now on. Maybe even start it before the temps get below freezing. :huh:

Misery loves company it seems. Coast to coast we are getting hammered by winter. We shut down early sending staff home and closed Thursday. One of our guys took his mud buggy into the Coastal range and busted logging trails that had 3' of powder. I'm heading out to the grocery early as another storm is to hit late tonight and last through Monday. High winds and potential accumulation of up to 1' of snow. It is a recipe for big time power outages.

The next time I wish for something I'm going to think twice.

WAAAAAAAA!! :(:(:(

Attachments

• Fall pics 2008 001.jpg
    Fall pics 2008 001.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 177
  • SNOWFALL DEC. 2008 022.jpg
    SNOWFALL DEC. 2008 022.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 180
  • SNOWFALL DEC. 2008 009.jpg
    SNOWFALL DEC. 2008 009.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 175
  • SNOWFALL DEC. 2008 024.jpg
    SNOWFALL DEC. 2008 024.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 188
DQ, I am so sorry about your tree. What a shame.

We just got word that the snow that was going to come today and then was forecasted for tomorrow is coming tonight. I am just hoping they are right that it will be "after 7:00" because we are helping out at a banquet tonight and if it is snowing when it starts at 5:00 no one will come (happened two years ago).

More snow on the way tonight and tomorrow and of course the pick up truck that has the plow on it, has a leaking gas tank. Hubby just left to get 5 gallons of gas but won't put the gas in til he's ready to plow the driveway, tomorrow or Monday. I am expecting shipments from UPS and Fed Ex so driveway needs to be cleared.

Smokey: Yeah, we're trying to stay warm. 30 at 7 am, now about 65. DW and I just had frozen yogurt out on the patio in the sunshine. They do say there's another storm coming - maybe Tues or so. My son who lives near the arctic circle says it's very nice there - -10 or so for a high. He says one of his friends smokes (meat) year around by using a "welders blanket" on his smoker. (Whatever that is) Perhaps that would work for you.

It seems that the weather patterns are returning to those of the past. More snow, sooner and more often. I recall the winter of '82 in Nebraska when, for 20 days in January and February, the HIGH never got above zero! And we got used to it. ('course I was a lot younger then, too)

It seems that the weather patterns are returning to those of the past. More snow, sooner and more often. I recall the winter of '82 in Nebraska when, for 20 days in January and February, the HIGH never got above zero! And we got used to it. ('course I was a lot younger then, too)

Texas does NOT have weather patterns except that if you want to change it wait 24 hours and it will.......I was having a major hot flash this afternoon it was so warm and muggy............ac is on..............tomorrow it's supposed to be quite cool and invigorating..........well, cool for Texas, that is.........Dave,........what can i say.............:ROFLMAO:

Just started snowing again... the weather man and all his friends are still saying it's going to be cold and windy tonight...

We went to the store this morning and I have NEVER seen it so busy!! There were lines wrapped around the lines waiting to pay!

If I'm not around for a few days it's because we've lost power again...

Texas does NOT have weather patterns except that if you want to change it wait 24 hours and it will.......I was having a major hot flash this afternoon it was so warm and muggy............ac is on..............tomorrow it's supposed to be quite cool and invigorating..........well, cool for Texas, that is.........Dave,........what can i say.............:ROFLMAO:

and now, it's 44:wacko: gonna be 28 tonight
Tomorrows high is 38 and low tomorrow night is 19
8.gif

Yeah, we Texans are wimps, hehe

Snowing, cold, windy. Really rare for Seattle.

I'm snowbound all weekend, wifey's a nurse and HAS to work (2 twelve hour shifts this weekend), so she took my 4WD truck.

She left me her BMW roadster, which is completely undrivable with as much as 1/4 inch of snow on the ground. I can't even pull it out of the garage.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom