What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Urgh. It rained all night and then dropped from 38 to 26. Brrr. Was a bugger to get my car door open. Really need to get an ice scraper (mine broke a couple days ago). This waiting for things to defrost while the car warms up is for the birds.

My sister has one of those remote starters on her Jeep Cherokee, and when it's nasty cold out, with lots of ice on the car, she makes sure the night before that the heater and fan are on high when she locks the car up. The next morning, she just starts the car from inside the house and in just a few minutes, it's warm and all the ice has melted off the windows. If I lived somewhere where it gets cold like that and has a lot of ice, I'd sure have that installed on my car! What a non-stressful way to start the day!

My sister has one of those remote starters on her Jeep Cherokee, and when it's nasty cold out, with lots of ice on the car, she makes sure the night before that the heater and fan are on high when she locks the car up. The next morning, she just starts the car from inside the house and in just a few minutes, it's warm and all the ice has melted off the windows. If I lived somewhere where it gets cold like that and has a lot of ice, I'd sure have that installed on my car! What a non-stressful way to start the day!

yes that remote starter sounds like a winner for winter! i'd like those heated seats, too!:)

A partly clear and a very cold 22 degrees Fahrenheit here. Looking for a high of 41 but that is a long way off. It is supposed to snow again tomorrow, probably, no accumulation though.

It's raining again. It is supposed to rain all day. I am happy it is raining. It will soften the ground for digging, and I can get some inside work done today.

38 and overcast, no wind. Beagle and I went for our walk, and a headband and gloves came in handy.

Windchill made it feel like -45C today! EEK! It was actually only -27C. Its supposed to warm up to above zero in the next couple of days. Please God let that be true!

21F, snow on the ground, no wind at the moment. Once I have the car warmed up and the windows clear, I turn off the heater, it chills the windshield so it doesn't freeze up overnight, unless it rains. I rarely have to scrape, sweeping snow off is easy!

NW Arkansas, 6:00 a.m.: 45 F., 100% humidity, overcast, rain, calm wind.

Today will be a variable light breeze, thundershowers, 60% chance of rain, high of 57 F.

It's dark out with a strong chance of light toward the morning hours and should brighten up considerably by around noon tomorrow.

Last edited:
730am - still dark and -27C (-17F). Supposed to warm up to seasonal today and possibly even get above 0!

I still can't tell if the car is mostly thawed out or If I'm going to have to defrost. I really don't want to open the back door to check.

It is officially winter at my house! Overnight lows are in the low to mid 40s. I have closed the skylights in the bathrooms, and I have put up the top on the Mustang. I've swapped the cotton loungers with the short sleeve t-shirts for the flannel loungers with the long sleeve henley shirts. I have swapped the Eddie Bauer flip flops for the flannel lined pseudo-topsider slippers. I have pulled the tv-watching comforter out of the linen closet.

It is officially winter at my house! Overnight lows are in the low to mid 40s. I have closed the skylights in the bathrooms, and I have put up the top on the Mustang. I've swapped the cotton loungers with the short sleeve t-shirts for the flannel loungers with the long sleeve henley shirts. I have swapped the Eddie Bauer flip flops for the flannel lined pseudo-topsider slippers. I have pulled the tv-watching comforter out of the linen closet.

That sounds like a change of season to me! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom