What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been raining off and on here in the San Francisco Bay Area! Kind of sad weather for my birthday but I digress.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

41ºF. Overcast, cold, raw and dreary. And I have an appointment this afternoon. Oh how can I stand so much joy? I absolutely have to keep this one. I have cancelled the last two with my cardiologist. Winthrop and my doctor are not very happy with me. :angel:

The cold weather is back. 37 degrees at 3PM. It was spitting snow this morning, but just briefly. I'm surprised that we haven't had an actual snowfall yet this season. I like to see snow over the holidays, but that makes it hard for those who have to travel.

Our temp has been crawling up. It is now 47ºF. But it is still overcast and raw cold. I hate this kind of weather. :angel:

I flew out of bed at 1am with a bright flash and a huge clap of thunder right over our house! I thought we were bombed or something!! :ohmy:
It poured rain for about 20 minutes and there was a 1/2" of more liquid gold in my handy dandy rain gauge this morning. It's bright clean and beautiful out there at noon now with the door open and a temp of 69 degrees. It reminds me of the song from Camelot.

ARTHUR:
It's true! It's true! The crown has made it clear.
The climate must be perfect all the year.

A law was made a distant moon ago here:
July and August cannot be too hot.
And there's a legal limit to the snow here
In Camelot.
The winter is forbidden till December
And exits March the second on the dot.
By order, summer lingers through September
In Camelot.
Camelot! Camelot!
I know it sounds a bit bizarre,
But in Camelot, Camelot
That's how conditions are.
The rain may never fall till after sundown.
By eight, the morning fog must disappear.
In short, there's simply not
A more congenial spot
For happily-ever-aftering than here
In Camelot.

Camelot! Camelot!
I know it gives a person pause,
But in Camelot, Camelot
Those are the legal laws.
The snow may never slush upon the hillside.
By nine p.m. the moonlight must appear.
A more congenial spot
In Camelot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9hjOOkzvtE

Last edited:
Addie, your clouds finally made it to central MA this afternoon. We had peeks of sun and 50 degrees earlier today. Still 48, but now we have a hearty cloud deck graying things up.

I flew out of bed at 1am with a bright flash and a huge clap of thunder right over our house! I thought we were bombed or something!! :ohmy:
It poured rain for about 20 minutes and there was a 1/2" of more liquid gold in my handy dandy rain gauge this morning. It's bright clean and beautiful out there at noon now with the door open and a temp of 69 degrees. It reminds me of the song from Camelot.

ARTHUR:
It's true! It's true! The crown has made it clear.
The climate must be perfect all the year.

A law was made a distant moon ago here:
July and August cannot be too hot.
And there's a legal limit to the snow here
In Camelot.
The winter is forbidden till December
And exits March the second on the dot.
By order, summer lingers through September
In Camelot.
Camelot! Camelot!
I know it sounds a bit bizarre,
But in Camelot, Camelot
That's how conditions are.
The rain may never fall till after sundown.
By eight, the morning fog must disappear.
A more congenial spot
In Camelot.

Camelot! Camelot!
I know it gives a person pause,
But in Camelot, Camelot
Those are the legal laws.
The snow may never slush upon the hillside.
By nine p.m. the moonlight must appear.
A more congenial spot
In Camelot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9hjOOkzvtE

My most favorite musical of all.

DH and I sing badly together. He thinks he sounds better than he really does, I think a hearing aid might be in his near future. DH enjoys musicals too. He does get really annoyed when I switch out the words to refer to beagles.

Last edited:
DH and I sing badly together. He thinks he sounds better than he really does, I think a hearing aid might be in his near future. DH enjoys musicals too. He does get really annoyed when I switch out the words to refer to beagles.

ROFL!!!

Beagle on the Roof

"A beagle on the roof, it seems a common sight, no matter if it rains or snows, a beagle's warm at night. Who late at night..."

OK, I'll stop now. :LOL:

Last edited:
Fondest theatre memory ever: seeing Sir Richard Harris (he was just "Richard Harris" at the time) in "Camelot" at Blossom Music Center. We went with another couple; he was also a big fan of stage musicals. Our respective spouses were smart enough to put Jim and me in the middle. We sang. quietly, all through the show! BTW, we weren't the only people at Blossom singing along. ;)

Last edited:
It's been getting cold here...down in the 30's at night. I bet we get snow this year. :)

Haha....saw this on our Rite Aid store sign yesterday. :ohmy::LOL:

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 159
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom