What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Started snowing at 2:00 today. ended up with a couple inches. cold but the wind is not as strong today

It is -2ºF at the moment but according to my weather bug it feels like -22ºF. I have had my heat on high all night and the heater hasn't shut off for more than two-three minutes. Every so often we will get a gust of wind up in the 30 mph and it slams right into my outside wall that faced north. The two story window in my small room is covered in ice on the inside from the vapors of our breathing and the pot of water I have on the stove to get some moisture in the apartment. I hate forced hot air heat. It makes the air so dry.

I can't remember the temps dropping so low in this area since the 60's. Guess who is not going outside at all tomorrow! :angel:

We're a balmy -5.3 out here in the frontier of MA. Wind sounds pretty brisk, too. Just so long as the electricity stays on we'll be fine.

...I can't remember the temps dropping so low in this area since the 60's...
You don't remember LAST winter? :huh: It was -2 on February 20th, -3 on the 21st. As far as wind chill goes, I don't care since I won't be sticking my nose out of the house until Monday.

We're a balmy -5.3 out here in the frontier of MA. Wind sounds pretty brisk, too. Just so long as the electricity stays on we'll be fine.

You don't remember LAST winter? :huh: It was -2 on February 20th, -3 on the 21st. As far as wind chill goes, I don't care since I won't be sticking my nose out of the house until Monday.

What I remember of last year was all the snow, and some more snow, and then even more snow. I went out once to go shopping with Spike. The next month I gave him my list and my card and he did all my shopping for me. I stayed in my building until April when the snow started to melt. I can't take my scooter out if it is raining or snowing. The console is electrical and I can't allow it to get wet. Then there is the problem of handicap access. Folks around here don't always shovel their sidewalks and the accesses. It is just too dangerous to ride in the street. We have a great maintenance crew here. They were here at six a.m. every time it snowed. But they also have about six other locations they have to shovel out also. :angel:

We had winds all day, it is currently 33°F. Had one high gust of wind that had sand and dirt in it, when it hit the front window we had to scrape ourselves and three cats off the ceiling.

We had below zero temps last night. Still -2ºF. Good day to stay home.

I listen to the weather guys/gals on the news and they portray these low temps a disaster. I imagine folks in Alaska and Canada are laughing at us.

I listen to the weather guys/gals on the news and they portray these low temps a disaster. I imagine folks in Alaska and Canada are laughing at us.

A friend of mine lives in Maine - they were expecting 30 below zero last night!

Here's our weather right now.

Attachments

• 1455462577314.jpg
    1455462577314.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 125
We had winds all day, it is currently 33°F. Had one high gust of wind that had sand and dirt in it, when it hit the front window we had to scrape ourselves and three cats off the ceiling.

I know the feeling. Even though this is a solid brick building, when the winds come in out of the north this building shakes a bit. My first thought is always "earthquake." We do have a major fault in the Atlantic. And every so often it sends us a message letting us know it is there.

I have the feeling that you are going to be getting a lot of those winds coming in off the prairie in the winter. Do those winds have a name? Ours are called Nor'easters. :angel:

I know the feeling. Even though this is a solid brick building, when the winds come in out of the north this building shakes a bit. My first thought is always "earthquake." We do have a major fault in the Atlantic. And every so often it sends us a message letting us know it is there.

I have the feeling that you are going to be getting a lot of those winds coming in off the prairie in the winter. Do those winds have a name? Ours are called Nor'easters. :angel:

You don't want to know what I call them...:LOL:

Nope, we're not laughing at you. We're laughing at your weather guys, well, we're laughing at ours too, for the same reason.

Anything below 0°F (-18°C) is serious. That's weather with high risk of frostbite and hypothermia. If you stay out too long in this kind of weather, you die.

Sunny and mid 70's today. It's supposed to get warmer over the next few days, so I'm making a small pot of chicken soup to enjoy today before the temps rise much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom