What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been hiding in the house since we closed up early Sunday morning. I did take a quick trip into the sun room to check on my gardenia plant (that thing has a story all its own :rolleyes: ), and returned to the house very grateful for the fact that we have central air. When the temperatures are in the 80s (88) and the dew points are pushing 70 (68), I melt. Tomorrow is supposed to be worse, until a cold front moves in. Come ON cold front! I'll be rolling out the red carpet tomorrow night. :LOL:

it was a 1 hour thunderstorm.. we needed more, I hope it rains tomorrow.
Well, it's a start. Fingers crossed that you get more rain.

It rained overnight here. There was a bit of thunder involved. I can already see an improvement in the grass. It had gotten quite crispy. The condo association decided a few years back that we don't waste water by watering lawns in the common areas. The grass gets yellow and dry if we don't get enough rain, but it comes back when we do.

We just had a nasty-good thunderstorm move through our area within the past hour. Nasty enough that the weather guy mentioned "tornado", "just south, in CT", and "headed northeast"...all markers putting us in the path of that storm! :ohmy: My laptop, cellphone, and coffee went down the basement with me, where I turned that TV on and kept watching weather and listening to the outside goings-on. The possible tornado cell wore itself out before it got close to us, but we still got a nice bit of rain. Thunder still rumbling in the distance, so we might get more rain - or just noise.

The thunderstorm sounds wonderful CG, but glad you were out of the tornado's path!

112F here right now. I'm so over summer. :(

Yesterday was a nice warm winters day. 17 deg Celsius. Today much of the same.
Mate and I go to the pub in a few hours, our Wednesday weekly guys get together. I take pork crackling down for us to nibble on. I love Wednesday,lol.

Russ

Yay!!! Wish it would here.. Springfield, MO is dry.. :(
Ross

St. Louis was relatively cool today. I was there. It was nice.

Then I came home. It was 106F when I landed in Dallas late this afternoon.

I fly to Las Vegas on Thursday. It looks about the same there, but maybe a little lower humidity. Basically, photographing cars outdoors is not going to be pleasant.

CD

Currently 18°C (64°F) and feels like 18°C. Going down to 16°C around 06h00. Tomorrow will be the one day this week with pleasant, not horrible, hot weather. Expecting 25°C (77°F) that should feel like 25°C.
hapydancsmil.gif

104F right now, at 6PM. No rain, although the swamp keeps getting deeper. :ermm: ;) Yeah, I'm staying inside and reading the news on the web.

I'm going to Vegas tomorrow, where it is even hotter -- and I'll be working outside.

CD

Last edited:
Cake Poet, how are you doing? I've been reading about all the fires and evacuations in Sweden. Scary stuff. Are you in a fire area? A friend spoke with a historian who said that the fires are more extensive than anything in written Swedish history. :ohmy:

Last edited:
Nothing weather exciting here. The humidity rose. It feels noticeably "muggy" humid now.

I'll Google the origin of "muggy" one of these days.

Last edited:
Glorious! It's a gentle, dry 75 degrees, with a nice, refreshing breeze. I've spent the entire afternoon in the sun room. Must get dressed to run errands, though. I cherish days like this, since I know humidity and yuck weather are mere days away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom