What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frigid cold! It hasn't gotten above 0. Gusts of 70 mph winds. -40 windshield. Schools closing w everywhere around us in SE South Dakota.

Now it's -12. Overnight low -29. It hasn't gotten this cold since 1996. Everything is closed tonight and tomorrow.

For some strange reason, the thermometer wants to stay in the 30ºF. But no school closing so far.

Pirate has a very thin jacket he has been wearing in this cold weather. I Finally broke down and bought him a coat with down filling. Worth every penny. In fact he now complains about being too hot when he wears it. The temp is supposed to drop to or near zero tonight. With two inches of snow. I hope he still complains about being too hot.

Now it's -12. Overnight low -29. It hasn't gotten this cold since 1996. Everything is closed tonight and tomorrow.

We get our temps from the airport. The airport is on a peninsular surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean of three sides. For folks here, that temp is pretty much accurate. But go further inland, and it is even colder. No minus temps though here. Thank you very much.

Actually, Addie, tonight is our last warm one for a few days, so you'd better enjoy it. ;) Instead, temps are supposed to go up a little bit and then, before dawn breaks, the extreme cold will start pouring into MA. Right now, we're at 30. Supposed to peak at 35 degrees, then "OMG, how cold is it"? :ohmy: The wind chill don't scare me - I'm not poking my nose outside until Friday or Saturday. :LOL:

Horribly cold here, everything shut down today and tomorrow here along the river. We'll be setting some records, oh joy, with wind chills in the 50 below range.

It was 26F when I got up this morning, and quickly got back in bed. :ohmy::LOL:

It got up to 46F, and now it is 39F, with an expected low of 33F.

I'm fine with spiders, snakes and alligators -- I don't like it when my face hurts.

CD

Your face hurts?

Can you imagine what it does to us? :cool:

We had about 3 or 4 inches of light snow today, but with so many contractor's trucks going up and down the driveway, there were 2 good, packed treads of snow that I'm not about to try to bust up and shovel. With a high in the single digits on Wednesday, everything will harden up nicely.

Calcium and magnesium chlorides to the rescue.

Last edited:
-24 today, in town. It's much worse in the country in the open areas with the wind. 20F predicted Friday will feel like a heat wave!

Actually, Addie, tonight is our last warm one for a few days, so you'd better enjoy it. ;) Instead, temps are supposed to go up a little bit and then, before dawn breaks, the extreme cold will start pouring into MA. Right now, we're at 30. Supposed to peak at 35 degrees, then "OMG, how cold is it"? :ohmy: The wind chill don't scare me - I'm not poking my nose outside until Friday or Saturday. :LOL:
You are

You are on the western side of the hills of Worcester. Your temp and weather is always colder. The only time we get weather from Hell, is if it is a Nor'easter. As a rule, the cold and any bad weather swings northward into NH just before it reaches Boston. We just get the side effects.

Today our temps are in the 20's. Weather is not something I concern myself with too much. I am in a wheelchair. I don't go out to play by myself. Not much I can do outside sitting in this chair.

You are

You are on the western side of the hills of Worcester. Your temp and weather is always colder. The only time we get weather from Hell, is if it is a Nor'easter. As a rule, the cold and any bad weather swings northward into NH just before it reaches Boston. We just get the side effects.

You're under a wind chill warning for tonight and tomorrow - it'll be well below zero. I'd definitely stay inside.
Screenshot_20190130-114655~2.jpg

We've been having surprisingly cool temps. It was 15F this morning. Had a dusting of snow last night. Not enough to even cover the grass.

Schools were closed because of the cold. Never happened in recent years, nor when I was in school. Kinda weird.

Tomorrow is supposed to be record-breaking cold, but clear and sunny.

As I said on Today's Funny,

Roses are red,
My fingers are blue.
I'm tired of winter,
How 'bout you?

Never mind......................

Almost hot here this afternoon, 68F. Tyler and I were playing soccer in the backyard this afternoon and it was Tshirt weather. More rain predicted in the next few days.

Those of you in the states that are having such incredibly cold below zero weather and wind chills even worse....take care! I can hardly imagine.... :ohmy:

Last edited:
Katie, 15 degrees is "cool"? My, you sure are one hardy country gal, God love ya.

I was going to say "we have no temperature", then post the screen shot of the reporting station saying it was zero. However, when I opened up the app, the data refreshed. Let's just say you don't need to be subjected to any temperature that starts with a "-". :ermm:

Unfortunately, I have two medical appointments tomorrow. I will subjected to the cold only when I am on the lift getting in and out of the transport van. But I will be dressed for the cold. That is a fact I shouldn't need to state.

One really heavy faux fur coat. Two scarves. One for the inside and the second one for the outside of my coat to make sure I am bundled right up to my neck and ears. Ear muffs, mittens/gloves and a hat. I also will be wearing knee high sock on my leg.

It was -2 F when I left my house, then about +2 F by the time I got down to the highway, about 4 miles down.

+7 F now in the city, at sea level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom