What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The f-ing heat is following me. :mad:

I'm in New Jersey, and it is almost as hot as Texas. It is supposed to drop 15 degrees the day after I leave. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I guess that darned "hoax" is at it again.

On that note, my best friend down in Port Arthur says the Gulf of Mexico water temperature is 88-degrees F. WOW, that's hot. Hurricane season could get very interesting. That's a whole lot of stored up energy.

CD

Weather has turned really pleasant. For comparison purposes, 23°C is about 73°F.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-07-22 Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.png
    Screenshot_2019-07-22 Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.png
    22 KB · Views: 85
(In)Accuweather keeps telling me "rain in 9 minutes". That's been ongoing for at least two hours now. :rolleyes: Eventually they have to be right! We do have weather moving in later tonight that will be bringing milder weather, but that isn't until later tonight. Meanwhile, it's still humid and in the 80s. Still hiding in the house for the time being.

New Jersey was hot and humid for my trip. My rental car was black, with black leather seats. Thanks Hertz. :rolleyes:

It is hot here in Dallas, but that is normal. I'm in San Jose for the next two days, and it looks hot there, too.

CD

The cold front came rumbling through here about an hour ago. The kind of thunder that rattles pictures on the walls and gives your butt a chair massage. :ohmy: All quiet now, and our porch thermometer tells me it's 67 degrees outside. I think we'll still stay closed up for the night, since it's supposed to rain until about noon tomorrow. Once the weather clears out, it will be back to "fresh air camp" conditions until the next heat wave this coming weekend.

Nobody has checked in for a while. I'm up late, it is 2AM, and 85F.

I have two AC systems in my two-story house, and try to cool only the floor where I am at the time. When I go out to work or run errands, I set both thermostats up as much as I can, but I have a dog, so I have to keep it safe for him.

I am, at least, lucky that I am part of an electric coop, something my solidly red-State has not been able to ban -- as much as they have tried. So, my electricity rates are some of the lowest in the State.

I hate being cold, but the heat of August in North Texas is not any better.

CD

We're just coming out of a heck of a frog strangler of a storm. Within the last half hour we've gotten as black as night, rain pounded down hard enough so that the drops were bouncing back up, and we lost power just long enough to knock the internet out and it needed to reboot. All thunder rumbles are beyond us now, and it's getting a bit bright. Not sure how long this will last, since radar shows a few large orange blobs rolling along the state line. Meanwhile, I need to spot which tree this leaf came from:
IMG_20190819_160154385.jpg

I see why I didn't know about this thread, GG - about 5 years before I got on here was the last post! lol
But it did work. Or was there another weather thread?

BTW, it is still in the 90s here, though the humidity is down from the last 2 days, so it wasn't too bad outside today. Still, I didn't stay out there for long!

Now I come back here, and the post is here, but it didn't show up on the "Home" page.

And now I see the last post was today 7:20, not in 2013, which is the date listed when I first went to the last page on here.

Last edited:
I see why I didn't know about this thread, GG - about 5 years before I got on here was the last post! lol
But it did work. Or was there another weather thread?

BTW, it is still in the 90s here, though the humidity is down from the last 2 days, so it wasn't too bad outside today. Still, I didn't stay out there for long!
Now I come back here, and the post is here, but it didn't show up on the "Home" page.

And now I see the last post was today 7:20, not in 2013, which is the date listed when I first went to the last page on here.
Several years ago, a years-long thread ("What did you bake today?") like this one became corrupted in the database and we began starting a new thread every year. It might be time to do that for this one. I guess that would be up to the mods.

(I can see this on my Android phone, but not my tablet.)

Is that a leaf? I can't tell. It looks like some pattern on a couch or something.
It's a maple leaf, bbq and taxy. I took the shot from inside the sun room looking up through the "ceiling".

bbq, we added a Brady-Built Sunroom to our house about a dozen years ago (the Providence model). When we get a downpour, especially if it's accompanied by lightning, I like going out to lay on the futon and look up at the sky. It was great, too, when we first got it to lay down in the evening to watch bats swoop and dip maybe 20 feet above us...but safely on the other side of our glass-and-screen box. :LOL: Sadly, we see few bats anymore. It's also fun during the winter when a blizzard is blowing through. Standing inside the sun room makes me feel like I'm inside a huge snow globe. Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

Several years ago, a years-long thread ("What did you bake today?") like this one became corrupted in the database and we began starting a new thread every year. It might be time to do that for this one. I guess that would be up to the mods.

I think Global Warming deniers are sabotaging it. :unsure: ;)

CD :angel:

It is after 1AM, and it is 88F. I buy my electricity from a COOP, on a rolling average billing system. If not for that, my August electric bill would be more than my house payment.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom