What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's in the mid 80's F right now here on the west coast of Canada. It'll likely increase to 90 by 3:00 pm.

I bet some of you folks have trouble believing that many parts of Canada need & have central air-con humming away in their homes during most of the summer months, and conversely, that some of us here (like in Vancouver) rarely see more than a small dump of snow only once, twice, or perhaps thrice each winter - only for it to usually disappear in a day or two.

I haven't had to shovel snow for 20 years - mainly 'cause my better half loves to do it when it's (seldom) needed. LOL

The highest billing for natural gas to heat our home in winter that I can recall, was no more than around $150. in any given month.

Last edited:
It is 92F right now at 8:30PM. We had a couple days of moderate temperatures, but it's hot again.

CD

98F here at almost 7PM. Just looked at the forecast for the next couple of days, highs of 107F. Can't wait till autumn...my fave time of year!

Looks like some of our Florida DC members get to spend the holiday weekend packing and traveling -- whether they wanted to, or not.

Stay safe. If they tell you to bug out, do it.

CD

Looks like some of our Florida DC members get to spend the holiday weekend packing and traveling -- whether they wanted to, or not.

Stay safe. If they tell you to bug out, do it.

CD

+1. Hoping to hear from Craig and Karen, and anyone else here in Dorian's path...

This morning, the expected landfall has shifted south, which brings it closer to us. It has also slowed down, with landfall being expected early Tuesday morning. The maximum winds haven't gotten any higher since the 11 p.m. advisory, but with it slowing down there's a chance it will strengthen even more, so... We're in a mandatory evacuation area so we have reservations.

This morning, the expected landfall has shifted south, which brings it closer to us. It has also slowed down, with landfall being expected early Tuesday morning. The maximum winds haven't gotten any higher since the 11 p.m. advisory, but with it slowing down there's a chance it will strengthen even more, so... We're in a mandatory evacuation area so we have reservations.
I'm sure you and Craig are busy making preparations for a visit from Dorian. If you have a chance, I hope you can update us on how it's going for you. I know you're in south Florida - what is the nearest large city?

Best wishes to you and your family for getting through this safely and with minimal loss of property.

We've been having unseasonably cool, dry weather and it's wonderful! After weeks of temperatures in the 90s with humidity to match, the past several days have been in the upper 70s and low 80s and reasonable humidity. Tonight's low is supposed to be 54F! :shock: We're loving it.

A storm blew through this afternoon, and cooled things down -- for a day or two. Mid to upper 90s return over the holiday weekend.

It is actually 73F right now, and 9:15PM. It has been close to 90F at this time recently.

CD

93F now at 8PM....comfortable in the house, though. Supposed to be 107F tomorrow. As usual for this time of year, can hardly wait until autumn. :wub:

Low to mid 90's here the next few days....autumn is coming and I'm loving this cooler weather and my favorite time of year. Yay!

The last two days have been gorgeous, with very low humidity, and low to mid 70s. Got a lot done outside! Going back up again tomorrow, and two 90 degree days forecast, the end of summer, and beginning of fall.

I do have those greens ready to go in, however!

It was supposed to be cooler today, but it still made it to 95F. It was still in the 80s at midnight.

Imelda was supposed to move North and give us a decent chance of rain. That didn't happen, either.

CD

Still HOT here. Mid 90s for highs, mid 70s for lows. Those are both about ten degreesF above historic normals.

No rain. Like most of Texas, my county is under a burn ban.

CD

Cold front came through tonight. I went to bed early, but the tornado sirens got me up to check the internet. The tornado was a good 20 miles south of me. I don't think it was very strong. It hit a rich neighborhood, and apparently wiped out a pro-athletes house. Just rain, thunder/lightning and small hail at the doghouse. Oh yeah, and wind. I'll have to gather up the patio furniture in the morning. Nothing new about that.

I'll have to check out the news later in the morning.

Psycho poodle didn't get out of bed. Thunder, lightning, wind and sirens... pfft.

CD

It's HOT here today, and the Santa Ana winds are blowing again. Fire season is terrifying here and after enduring the Thomas Fire last year, it keeps me as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom