What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she and Shrek volunteer to do deliveries rather than be on the receiving end.

It sounds to me that no one in my area is going to receive their meals, because they are closed! So no inclement weather preparing OR delivering of meals on wheels.

When my Mom and the cat were getting meals on wheels they were given a couple of blizzard packs with shelf stable items for days when meals on wheels had to cancel.

It is a great program and in my area it costs about the same as it would cost to buy the groceries. I think Mom paid $165.00/month for 5 lunches and 5 dinners each week. In this area you can also get it every other day for those folks that can do some meal prep or have other assistance.

Reading the comments here are 'chilling' to say the least. I'm glad I don't have to contend with that cold weather. (Just a wimp)

Although it didn't freeze last night, it was cold -- 41F first thing this morning. The sun is out and it's up to 50 already.

I hope the bitter cold for y'all up north will be gone soon.

Interesting. I didn't know you could sign up for meals on wheels for a day or so, or on an as needed basis. I'll have to remember that.

Our local Meal-on-Wheels program advertises that it is available for those recovering from surgery. I take that to mean you can call them if you are having surgery and set it up for a certain time period. I don't think you can call them and just get a meal here and there.

Make sure he gets them all. With my last surgery, I came home from having the staples removed and found one inside my belly button! LOL It looked like I had a belly button ring.

Bikini line staples and a nurse will be taking them out. I could do it, but I can't see them. :wacko:

Bikini line staples and a nurse will be taking them out. I could do it, but I can't see them. :wacko:

Do they use one of those office supply staple removers? I've removed stitches, my own and a previous cat's, haven't had staples.

We're up to a balmy 9.5°F. All area schools were closed, but they're resuming today's after-school activities.

Do they use one of those office supply staple removers? I've removed stitches, my own and a previous cat's, haven't had staples.

We're up to a balmy 9.5°F. All area schools were closed, but they're resuming today's after-school activities.

No they need something that crimps them up and out. Here is a picture

Attachments

• staple remover.jpeg
    staple remover.jpeg
    3.4 KB · Views: 67
I was outside today. It's -15°C (5°F), but with the wind, that was really cold. I really appreciated the seat heaters in the car.

15ºF at 10:00AM and SO's car won't start. Jumper cables did the trick but she shouldn't have this problem with a battery that's not a year and a half old.

Same problem, here with The Pirate's car this morning. The temp was twelve degrees and nothing. It wasn't until his brother showed up and gave him a jump. Started immediately. The car had been sitting in the sun all day and the hood was warm. Your SO wasn't the only one. Looking out the window, a lot of the folks across the street were in the same situation. :angel:

We hit single didgets above zero today~!! : ) Not as much wind, it actually felt nicer out today!

...The dogs are walking around on three legs outside, trying to spare one from touching the ground I imagine. And even my pup didn't want to leave the house this morning. She must have been thinking about her last time out last night....
Our idiot neighbors had their two dogs out earlier this evening...for nearly an hour! Poor things, 3 degrees and dropping and their poor paw pads were probably frozen by the time they got back inside. It would be nice if the neighbors got locked out of their house or car while it's this cold. :devilish:

Today, it is FREAKING COLD! 12ºF. What more is there to say. What happened to our January thaw? :angel:
It's coming this weekend. I swear Mother Nature is going through menopause.

We're hanging just above zero right now. At least the temps will be going up the rest of the week. I ran some Brunswick Stew up the street to my SIL and let the car warm up and had the seat heater on, both for about 5 minutes just to drive less than 1/4 mile up the street! Yup, I'm a wuss this winter. To think I used to ski...

My back porch thermometer says -11. I'm just trying to keep the part of the house that has no cellar/attic/second floor (that is to say, my kitchen and back bathroom) from freezing. Luckily I'm an insomniac. Husband says he owes me big time. I think the worst of this will pass tomorrow.

My back porch thermometer says -11. I'm just trying to keep the part of the house that has no cellar/attic/second floor (that is to say, my kitchen and back bathroom) from freezing. Luckily I'm an insomniac. Husband says he owes me big time. I think the worst of this will pass tomorrow.

What are you using to heat that space, Claire?

CookingGoddess said:

"Our idiot neighbors had their two dogs out earlier this evening...for nearly an hour! Poor things, 3 degrees and dropping and their poor paw pads were probably frozen by the time they got back inside"

Tell me where the neighbors live and I'll use my Long Distance Taser Freezer to freeze parts of them off that they wish they could keep!!!

The idiots!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom